Noob from Long Island (1 Viewer)

Redcard71

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello and greetings from Long Island, NY. Been lurking around for awhile, looking at ideas and the (massive) collections of chips you lot have amassed. Been playing since a little kid and started hosting small stakes Hold 'Em tourneys in the early aughts. Significant birthday coming up and the wife wanted to get me a watch. I said "instead, how about some custom poker chips for the old home game?" So... here I am. Samples in hand from various names (CPC, BRPro/ABC, ChipLab), and foo-foo-fooling around with designs... Am I too about to go down a rabbit hole that will consume my time and wallet?

Hello and welcome! This certainly is the place to get ideas on chip breakdowns for the type of home games you host and feedback on different designs. I'm not at that stage yet, but believe I will be also be working on a custom set one day. Enjoy the ride and I look forward to seeing what you're working on for your custom set.

1617125700528.gif

Welcome!
Western Suffolk County here...
The fact that you’ve got the wife on board is a major plus...although she may not realize the scale of this new endeavor!

Thanks for the welcomes! I'll be posting some mock-ups I've been working on. Going to be going with BRPro, based on the reputation they have here, and with clarity of images I've seen in samples and PCF user shared pr0n.

So I just changed my avatar to represent my answer to the "origin of your username" thread (which I apparently can't respond to yet...?) Back in the day, when I was playing on Party Poker I needed a username; so, I combined my lifelong involvement in soccer, including as a referee, with two other significant digits...

?: So this is the only thread I can post in until I've posted ten times? *Notice that this question is not in a fourth post (wouldn't want to be accused of "post padding"!) ;) Do I have that right?

Nice, as a lifelong soccer player I respect that incorporation into your username. Mostly played, but had a stint reffing during a couple off-seasons in college. Since you're from long Island, we were down there to play against Stonybrook a couple times.

Newer member myself, so I tried replying to that same thread when I first joined, as well as the "face to the name" thread. You can't post to anything in the introductions and check-in's section (other than your own intro thread) until you meet the new member requirements. There are some other limitations too, but you can post to the majority of other forum sections. I enjoyed the off topic section and obviously all the pr0n threads mostly my first week.

Good call on the post padding take, I believe that's right but poke around and you'll likely find yourself at more posts sooner than later.

Refer to:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/faq-info-for-new-members.65832/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402_023247.jpg
    Screenshot_20210402_023247.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Nice, as a lifelong soccer player I respect that incorporation into your username. Mostly played, but had a stint reffing during a couple off-seasons in college. Since you're from long Island, we were down there to play against Stonybrook a couple times.

Newer member myself, so I tried replying to that same thread when I first joined, as well as the "face to the name" thread. You can't post to anything in the introductions and check-in's section (other than your own intro thread) until you meet the new member requirements. There are some other limitations too, but you can post to the majority of other forum sections. I enjoyed the off topic section and obviously all the pr0n threads mostly my first week.

Good call on the post padding take, I believe that's right but poke around and you'll likely find yourself at more posts sooner than later.

Refer to:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/faq-info-for-new-members.65832/
Thank you! I was able to post in "Poker Chip Mockup and Design". I at first thought I was limited to replying within my own single post here, which seemed silly to me. Yeah, I played since a little kid, coached at middle and high school level for a while, and did a lot of refereeing with Long Island Junior Soccer League for a couple of years.

Why does produce taste so good on Long Island? Those roadside stands on the ride west to the Jones Beach shows are so freaking good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom