No Smoking (1 Viewer)

legend672

Full House
Reaction score
Wifey promised me a cake today for 5000 days of no cigarettes. When I was growing up in the 70’s it seemed like everyone smoked. At St.Lazarus about 20% of my class smoked in the 7th and 8th grade. In high school the bathrooms were full of smokers in between classes. Lots of smokers in the dining hall where smoking was allowed. Had Pats season tickets and smoking in the stands was prevalent. Fenway Park had plenty of smokers too. Flying on an airplane used to be a big drinking and smoking party every flight. It’s really amazing that the non smokers didn’t put a stop to it sooner. If you were sick of waiting for your food at a restaurant, you would light a butt, and it would come instantly. I saw fights on the subway when smokers were told to put it out because it was not allowed, only on the platform before you got on the train. “ sir, could you please put out that cigarette, there’s no smoking on the train.” .the response would be something like ...“how about if I put it out on your forehead ? Mind your own business.! “
For those who still smoke, you can quit. If I could, you can. It’s gonna be tough, but I have faith that if you save your breath, a chipper like you can manage it.

Congrats on this milestone my friend!
Enjoy the cake!!

Congrats man, that's an awesome accomplishment! I'm two days short of 10 years myself, but I do vape. Feel 10x healthier than I did back when I smoked.

Congrats!

Watched my dad die of lung cancer. "I can remember saying smoking takes away 20 years off your life, but only the shitty ones". I no longer think that's funny.

Congratulations! I was able to quit smoking about 2 months ago after a pack a day for 20 years. Never thought I would actually be able to do it. I started using the Zyn pouches and it totally did the trick. Crazy.

Congrats!

I quit in 2010 after smoking for 35 years. Still pretty sure the damage I did will catch up to me though, but I would never dream of going back.

I remember working in the office back in the 80's when there was always a low cloud of smoke hanging about 3 feet down from the ceiling and every desk had full ashtrays with lit heaters burning in every one, crazy to think of it now but just about everybody smoked.

Pick the younger brother. Pick the smoker. It's the same person. Taken same day. My Dad quit for good in the 80's. My uncle passed almost 7 years ago. Smoking will kill you. It's never too late to quit.

2.jpg
1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom