NLHE - can anyone explain triton poker to me (1 Viewer)

Frogzilla

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I just can’t even process what’s happening. The below hand is the London 2019 cash game, happens at in episode 2 about 23 minutes in

Lex Valdhius also seems to be thrown for a loop, ditching his “I expect [super standard play] to happen here” type commentary bc who knows anything anymore

£2000 / £4000, £4000 ante, 100bb deep, all players have plenty of history with each other and seem like they should be very good at poker given play frequency, the stakes, and general table demeanor.

Preflop is more or less reasonable.
CO :ad::8h: opens for £11000
BU :ah::th: raises to £39000
BB :jd::jc: raises to £129000
CO folds.
BU calls.

Flop is crazy town
Flop (£275000)
:qs::3s::td:
BB :jd::jc: instashoves for £260000
BU :ah::th: calls

Not sure what more you need than this:

Could be a leveling war. Or as the commentary said he could be making that play with AK a lot of the time. Doesn't seem all that crazy to me.
And with that much money in when the flop comes, no other type of bet for BB than a shove on the flop. I don't agree with the BTN calling the shove though, with the Q and spade flush draw out there with no hearts on the board.

Than again, they have history together so I can only make so much at face value.

Last edited:
Not sure what more you need than this:

Could be a leveling war. Or as the commentary said he could be making that play with AK a lot of the time. Doesn't seem all that crazy to me.

The JJ shove can’t be profitable can it? Ok it’s a weird stack depth where the strategy is only check or jam. Doesn’t that imply using a polarized range? How can JJ be ahead of a pot sized calling range? The game is relatively simple at this SPR, if y’all have sims I’d love to see what kind of Button ranges would ever lead to BB shoving jacks here

The JJ shove can’t be profitable can it? Ok it’s a weird stack depth where the strategy is only check or jam.

Yeah it really is the stack depth I think. The shove is surely profitable if villian can call with a 10. Hero can probably get called by most nut flush draws too. It's probably for protection too, def don't want to be giving free cards to AK or even AJ. AK figures to have up to 10 outs (without knowing the opponent has JJ) and might even call.

Could also try to trap those hands checking and calling a shove, but then they still get to draw.

The downside to the shove obviously is a better hand will never fold, but ther may be enough upside to justify the play, especially of getting called by a ten is part of the equation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom