NLH Tourney Help (1 Viewer)

Gucko

Pair
Reaction score
Hello all, I am having a small game at my house tonight. It will be a $40 buy in. Six people. Looking for tips on how to structure payout and starting chip counts etc. I do have a poker genie computer that will manage the blinds but looking for some input on how to structure. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Need to know more about the tournament (denoms in play and starting stack size) for a structure. Payouts ............ 70% top 30% second. Rounding to make it easy, with 6 players at 40 a pop, pay 170 top and 70 to second.

No 500's might make this hard but you can try this - it is my old T2000 T5 base.

Screenshot (14).png

Starting stacks:
10 x T5
10 X T25
17 X T100

Color up 5's at Break 2.
You can color up 25's at Break 3 but you might be done by then.

Why not use a T1 base? Starting at 1/2 blinds, stack T400 or T500?
Don't know your breakdown of chips so I don't know what starting stack structure you can accommodate.

If you do a search in the Tournament and Cash section, you'll probably find all the structures you need.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t know exactly what the T numbers mean...But I’m assuming it stands for tournament.

So we ended up doing a $40 Buy in. The poker genie started us off with $400 in chips and the blinds at 4/8. 13 minute increases. By the time we were done it was 75/150 With a $10 ante (didn’t care for the ante).
We used four colors and six players. The only problem I have is the chip stacks seemed puny. Kind of underwhelming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom