NJ Speeding Ticket... HELP! (1 Viewer)

....When did having IBS mean people could speed?
Never meant to imply it was a carte Blanche to speed, only that I hope/expect than when the judge hears I had the sh!ts real bad and was a mere 2 miles from the nearest rest stop, he’ll contextualize the speed from “careless driving” to “we’ve all been there” lol. Legit not even two miles

No idea up there brother, but in Maryland it's a slap on the wrist for first, second and usually third offense... basically pay the fine and court costs, no points and a PBJ almost every time.

In VA just shoot yourself!! You got to court... they lecture you for 20 minutes and threaten lethal Injection before letting you off easy woth double the fine and court costs and nice enough to let you walk out with you license and maybe a thin slice of dignity.. but not much!!

Ask the locals man,everyone has speeding tickets. May times you can reserch you judges recent cases and see the verdict, its public knowledge and at least get an idea of rather or not to go alone or pay a fortune and fund the next epic chipset for and awesome wing man like @Hornet ... not his specialty... but who the hell wouldn't want the opportunity to sit through a boring ass court room for hours with a great fellow chipper?? That's worth the extra cash!!

Can you two please shut up!! "Sorry your Honor" we were deep in discussion about which, leaded THC or TRKs are more worth the investment in the long term chipping market! We will try to keep it down sir!!"

Last edited:
As @pltrgyst mentioned above. In Virginia I have made deals on my own to enroll in a defensive driving course approved by the court in which upon completion, the charge would be dropped and you just pay court cost.
No points, no offense on your record. Something to maybe check into.

As @pltrgyst mentioned above. In Virginia I have made deals on my own to enroll in a defensive driving course approved by the court in which upon completion, the charge would be dropped and you just pay court cost.
No points, no offense on your record. Something to maybe check into.
Because tuna here has had a few too many oopsie I need to make a poopsie tickets

Does every state use a points system? I’ve never heard of that. I’ve had a couple of minor speeding tickets in my life, but none for at least ten years.

Does every state use a points system? I’ve never heard of that. I’ve had a couple of minor speeding tickets in my life, but none for at least ten years.
What ever gets them the most revenue from your wallet is typically a states favorite system.

Never meant to imply it was a carte Blanche to speed, only that I hope/expect than when the judge hears I had the sh!ts real bad and was a mere 2 miles from the nearest rest stop, he’ll contextualize the speed from “careless driving” to “we’ve all been there” lol. Legit not even two miles
If I was the judge, this would be the worst way to go. Because unless your going to the hospital for medical treatment, a medical defense for use of a toilet at home is gonna be a hard pill to swallow. How often do you think this kinda story gets sold to him doing traffic court.

Tickets are issues for breaking a rule, you broke the rule, you get the ticket. There is no rule that's says people can speed if ya might shit yourself.

Now, if you have a report from a medical professional with ibs, medication, this being something major from a doctor, in writing. Then it might help.

I listen to nothing but lawyer radio when I mill chips, and this question comes up weekly. I'm not even joking.... But generally the above advice is said everytime.

If I was the judge, this would be the worst way to go. Because unless your going to the hospital for medical treatment, a medical defense for use of a toilet at home is gonna be a hard pill to swallow. How often do you think this kinda story gets sold to him doing traffic court.

Tickets are issues for breaking a rule, you broke the rule, you get the ticket. There is no rule that's says people can speed if ya might shit yourself.

Now, if you have a report from a medical professional with ibs, medication, this being something major from a doctor, in writing. Then it might help.

I listen to nothing but lawyer radio when I mill chips, and this question comes up weekly. I'm not even joking.... But generally the above advice is said everytime.
Man that’s a lot of “shitsplaining”

Reason I ask, and I’m not sure how things work there but here in California you keep asking for a continuance in the hopes that the citing officer doesn’t show up to the one you finally go to. It’s almost automatically dismissed due to the fact that he’s not there to plead his case.

And speaking of speeding tickets, there is a tiny “city” inside of Iowa City, where the university of Iowa is, called University Heights. Its notorious for one thing ... the “Melrose Mauler.” At the bottom of a hill on Melrose Avenue, there is a small cut-de-sac where the mauler hangs out, waiting to ticket anyone who dares go faster than the posted 25mph limit. A friend of mine‘s mom got a 26mph ticket from this guy. No lie. They had the ticket framed in their house.

Yes this all is the case with me lol
And that might not even help. But if your going to run a defense based on it, always take the providing information from a medical professional. 99.9% of the people who do this just explain and hope. At least actual documentation means your attempting to be genuine.

no points and a PBJ almost every time.
They give you a sandwich?! Man, Maryland is just full of nice people.

I hope/expect than when the judge hears I had the sh!ts real bad and was a mere 2 miles from the nearest rest stop, he’ll contextualize the speed from “careless driving” to “we’ve all been there” lol. Legit not even two miles
Two miles at 60 mph is 2 minutes. Two miles at 100 mph is 1 minute, 12 seconds. I don't think a judge will "contextualize" an out of state driver putting his voters at risk to save 48 seconds. In fact, I would be concerned that the Judge would make an example out of you for the very reason that you are from out of state -- both because of the whole state rivalry thing and because you can't vote to elect someone else in his place.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but these are the types of sound-good arguments that don't work that a seasoned professional will avoid.

They give you a sandwich?! Man, Maryland is just full of nice people.

Two miles at 60 mph is 2 minutes. Two miles at 100 mph is 1 minute, 12 seconds. I don't think a judge will "contextualize" an out of state driver putting his voters at risk to save 48 seconds. In fact, I would be concerned that the Judge would make an example out of you for the very reason that you are from out of state -- both because of the whole state rivalry thing and because you can't vote to elect someone else in his place.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but these are the types of sound-good arguments that don't work that a seasoned professional will avoid.
In Idaho out of county you can buy cans of dip when your pulled over from the deputy.....

I never did less than 90 the entire time I drove through Idaho. I think I dropped below 80 just to go through the Boise City limits and that was it.
So, idaho is about knowing where and when to speed. Out interstate speed limit is 80 tho, and 85 is acceptable, so it's pretty gung ho. But if you are going into a small town from one of those zones, bah gawd they will get ya.

I have driven to all corners of CONUS, California, Florida and Maine (closest I've been to PNW is South Dakota or NorCal). I've never gotten a speeding ticket on an interstate, and I generally set my cruise control for speed limit +7 mph.

The tollways always scare me because with a time stamp at each booth, they can calculate your average speed between tollbooths...

As expected while doing some searching, NJ allows to ask for a continuance however if you hire a traffic ticket attorney, they can be way more successful at pushing it as far as possible as this article states,

https://traffictickets.com/new-jers...to-change-a-traffic-court-date-in-new-jersey/

A traffic attorney shouldn’t cost you more than $400-500 and I’m basing that off what we pay in California + some added cushion for one who physically appears on your behalf to handle the matter. Last couple citations I managed to dodge cost me $200 and were done simply by adjourning the date then representing me when the officer wasn’t present. Dismissed right out of the gate, no plea no nothing. No harm in sharing this information either because my two really good friends are police officers and they realize this is how the system works. They were the ones who advised me on what to do on my first rodeo :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I have driven to all corners of CONUS, California, Florida and Maine (closest I've been to PNW is South Dakota or NorCal). I've never gotten a speeding ticket on an interstate, and I generally set my cruise control for speed limit +7 mph.

The tollways always scare me because with a time stamp at each booth, they can calculate your average speed between tollbooths...
+1 for cruise control
I use it for everything and anywhere I go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom