NJ Skulls advice (2 Viewers)

brewdawg

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I currently have a large tourney set of NJ Skulls, all are pre-2010 purchased. Looking for advice on what I should add to round out the set to an even 2000 chips. I will post some pics when I get them out to count.

Current Breakdown:
$5 - 600
$25 - 500
$100 - 375
$500 - 149 (not sure why I am missing one here, may have come up missing in a tourney, need to check my count next time I have them out.)
$1K - 100
$5K - 100
$25K plaque - 10

Was thinking maybe:
$100 - 25
$500 - 51 (unless my count was off)
$1K - 60
$5K - 40

Are the newer chips going to look different? Should I just start trying to get them off classifieds (probably cheaper)? Other suggestions?

Thanks

Why do you need 2000 chips? What type of tournaments are you running, and for how many people?
Up until a few years ago I was running a charity/scholarship tournament. We averaged about 30-35 people, some of that due to the limit based on the number of chips I have.

And as for why I want 2000? Why not? I have 1834(5) counting the 10 plaques. Figure I might as well round it out to 2000.

What about some 1's to allow the set to do a 1/2 cash game? i'd order that extra $500 chip to replace your lost one and then just add 1's.
So if it were me filling out a set to 2k in chips i'd order 175 $1 chips with that breakdown. You have more than enough chips for tourneys up to 4 tables already....how many tables do you want to field? I'd therefore highly suggest the 1 for is cash game options that are not otherwise covered by your set.

Bonus---if the chips are slightly different in a newer addition, ordering a chip you don't already have will make any difference meaningless.

Up until a few years ago I was running a charity/scholarship tournament. We averaged about 30-35 people, some of that due to the limit based on the number of chips I have.

And as for why I want 2000? Why not? I have 1834(5) counting the 10 plaques. Figure I might as well round it out to 2000.

Don't get me wrong, people can collect all the chips that they want. Usually, people tend to overestimate how many chips they actually *need*, and therefore overbuy when they can instead get a well-defined set that is sufficient for their needs which they can then use to stretch their budget and afford higher quality chips.

4 table tournaments can be done reasonably well with 1200-1400 chips, so you probably have more than enough for your needs already.

Conventional wisdom here recommends separating your chips into cash and tourney denoms, so they don't mix. The break point is usually around the $20-25 mark, so that all denoms $20 and below are used for cash, and $25 and above are used for tourney. Of course, this can be modified however you wish. With the popularily of T100 base structures, you can have $100 chips as the break point.

Why not? is a perfect answer on this forum...lol chips dont have to be played some can be used as decorations in display cabinets on the wall behind the bar etc etc.

I am not familiar with NJ skulls, would definitely love to see some pictures. Are you trying to match the color schemes of the chips or are your fine with mixing it up as long as the labels indicate the value? are you ok with mixing manufacturers or prefer to stick to one. Perhaps get some CPC chips customized to match your chips?

More info you give more people can help with what is possible here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom