Nirvana Lounge (1 Viewer)

The difference that David was referring to had something to do with the baking process. I got the impression that they just weren't compressed under high pressure like CPC's chips are.

I think this is the post you're talking about...

There are a lot of unknowns
The Blue Chip molding process, like Paulson, is completely different to ours which applies significantly more heat and pressure, so molds that were developed for use at BCC may not be suitable for us.
At the time of closing, Blue Chip had in their possession quite a few molds (including some they never used), which were owned by various parties. Many were acquired by Paulson as part of the takeover to get them off the market. Others were presumably returned to the owners.
Although I have asked around, no-one has yet been able to tell me whether any usable molds exist or where they are.

I think you're right about TRK. I'm going by memory here, but I have some Jessie Beck Riversides $1s, which are TRK quarter pies, and one chip has a small chunk missing along the edge of a blue clay area, but the chip is not blue all the way through the cross section. IIRC, it's like a sandwich cookie, 2 layers of blue around a tan center layer.

I suspect that unlike BCC/ASM/CPC 1/4-pies and 1/2-pies, the TRK pie chips may have used interlocking clay pieces (similar to a tongue and groove wood joint) -- hence that 'cookie layer' effect you noticed. Connected by the edge, rather than dovetailing the face of the chip. Something like this, although the joint would not have extended all the way to the circumference of the chip:

images

I think you're right about TRK. I'm going by memory here, but I have some Jessie Beck Riversides $1s, which are TRK quarter pies, and one chip has a small chunk missing along the edge of a blue clay area, but the chip is not blue all the way through the cross section. IIRC, it's like a sandwich cookie, 2 layers of blue around a tan center layer.
In the interest of interest , you must deconstruct that Jessie Beck, & post pics .

Thanks Cliff, missed seeing you. I was lucky enough to finish third, Dennis came in second. Took a couple pictures very early, then forgot to take more as stacks got deeper. Every time I could feel myself about to go on tilt I looked at the Buddha and remembered to go into Zen mode lol.

20170603_185812.jpg
20170603_191252.jpg

I paid $$$ blind for a sample set of THESE?! Jeez.

Great, now I want an E&C set and I'll have to come up with something a bit more compelling than Black Elephant Club for the theme.

Epic set! Hearty congrats!

Unfortunately I couldn't order extras because there may or may not have been limitations based on the spot pattern, but if they throw in any extra I'll throw one up in the air and see if a giant eagle catches it.

Fawesome! The hobbits will remember you in a bawdy drunken ballad that will be heartily sung in pubs throughout The Shire

Thanks, i have an add-on coming. I made a bounty chip, and as soon as they arrive I'll post pictures. I couldn't offer samples on the bounty chip unfortunately.

I know what this means - Crazy hard to produce!

Excited to see what they look like!

If you attend SSSS II (and on Wednesday), I formally request their presence as the guest set for the Crazy Pineapple tournament.

I think they might be suited for something else. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom