Nintendo Playing Cards (1 Viewer)

Geremie

Full House
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Nintendo ever made jumbo index cards?

Been searching for quite some time and have come up with nothing.

Not sure where to do a card review, but found this thread... figured my bro @Geremie wouldn't mind a quick review.

So actually got a chance to play 2 new decks of Nintendo cards this weekend, very thin like KEM and unfortunately two were damaged within the first hour. No one at the table was abrasive with the cards or intoxicated, even before the dents were noticed no one was really a fan of the cards anyways. Very slippery, top card fell off the deck almost every time it was placed gently on the table.

They look great, deep rich colors, nice gold foil accent strips...but honestly some of the worst cards we have played in a long time. I recommend leaving them in the case and displaying on the shelf. I also wouldn't go out of my way to pay the money these are going for either.

@Highli99 what was the other brand that the card literally peeled in half after that? Tough night for card decks.

@Highli99 what was the other brand that the card literally peeled in half after that? Tough night for card decks.
Those were faded spade 2.0 I only got them out because the one player was complaining about the the “thinness” of the Nintendo cards and I had to deliver him to the other end of that spectrum.

Naturally the $3/deck cartumunidis were the only ones up to the task that night.

Those were faded spade 2.0 I only got them out because the one player was complaining about the the “thinness” of the Nintendo cards and I had to deliver him to the other end of that spectrum.

Naturally the $3/deck cartumunidis were the only ones up to the task that night.
Definitely "opposite end of the spectrum" like ceramic tile cards! Lol

Just never seen a card literally split in half like that before as if a Samurai with the Finest sword was performing "the worlds most accurate cut trick" so strange!

@Josh Kifer $3 decks did a hell of a job after that! Lol

Not sure where to do a card review, but found this thread... figured my bro @Geremie wouldn't mind a quick review.

So actually got a chance to play 2 new decks of Nintendo cards this weekend, very thin like KEM and unfortunately two were damaged within the first hour. No one at the table was abrasive with the cards or intoxicated, even before the dents were noticed no one was really a fan of the cards anyways. Very slippery, top card fell off the deck almost every time it was placed gently on the table.

They look great, deep rich colors, nice gold foil accent strips...but honestly some of the worst cards we have played in a long time. I recommend leaving them in the case and displaying on the shelf. I also wouldn't go out of my way to pay the money these are going for either.

@Ben8257 I always welcome a review (and I’m not the manufacturer so I’m not going to take it personally).

Damn, I haven’t even opened my decks yet and now I may leave them as a collectors item. I heard they were thin but didn’t know that marking was a potential problem.

@Ben8257 I always welcome a review (and I’m not the manufacturer so I’m not going to take it personally).

Damn, I haven’t even opened my decks yet and now I may leave them as a collectors item. I heard they were thin but didn’t know that marking was a potential problem.
Unfortunately even without being easily damaged the cards were not very good. Patrick said one player complaining and maybe it was me... but pretty much nobody liked them other than they look fantastic! Lol

Ducks because we were all really excited being Nintendo Nerds, and ai know you didn't make them just sucks after all the effort you put into getting them to the US! I mean I would display them, the boxes are bad ass! Literally A plus for presentation but yeah the cards fell short of glory!

Just thought I would give the warning to others to "think twice" before opening them, they are worth far more sealed in the pack.

I haven't played an actual game with these yet but your review doesn't suprise me after opening them up and shuffling a bit. I don't see how you could make cards any thinner, they are more like pieces of film with card pictures printed on them. Not sure if I'll ever put them in play. You would think they would have their playing card game together after 130 years, but Nintendo has always been slow to adapt to what the competition is doing.

Unfortunately, completely agree with this review, after cracking open one of the decks, and playing around with them.
These won’t be making it in my regular rotation, and I’ll be looking for a way to display them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom