Nine months of online bargains (1 Viewer)

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Total count: 8957 chips, give or take.

Paulson: 5266
ASM: 1455
BCC: 736
Chipco: 1500

Total paid: $2130

Missing from the picture are some racks of the Kenmore Lanes quarters which I recently sold.

all 01.jpg

all 02.jpg

all 03.jpg

all 04.jpg

all 05.jpg

all 06.jpg

Been thinking about retiring :)

298r49.jpg

At a high level: I'm a software developer and have written a bunch of code that trawls Craigslist, LetGo, OfferUp, and Facebook Marketplace for chips and sends me an email of links. Every hour. I click the links. Every hour (during the day). I look very closely at the pictures.

Then there is the social engineering required to get people to take PayPal and ship. And if they won't, the effort to get someone I know in the area to help. If I'm not interested or can't get the deal done for whatever reason, I'll notify local chippers so they can take a crack.

It's a big pain in the ass. I can't tell you how many shitty chips I've looked at. Or pictures of fireplace pokers.

Or pictures of fireplace pokers.

Heh. Been there. (That’s also how I feel when I search Twitter for news of my favorite NFL team. I have to put together complex queries to filter out posts including “MAGA,” “qanon,” etc. I won’t mention the team’s name since you are from Seattle...)

At a high level: I'm a software developer and have written a bunch of code that trawls Craigslist, LetGo, OfferUp, and Facebook Marketplace for chips and sends me an email of links. Every hour. I click the links. Every hour (during the day). I look very closely at the pictures.

That's what I thought. If I had the skills, that's exactly how I would do it. But there's no way I can compete, so I should probably stop searching.

View attachment 170391

Then there is the social engineering required to get people to take PayPal and ship. And if they won't, the effort to get someone I know in the area to help. If I'm not interested or can't get the deal done for whatever reason, I'll notify local chippers so they can take a crack.

It's a big pain in the ass. I can't tell you how many shitty chips I've looked at. Or pictures of fireplace pokers.
We wouldn’t hate it if you retired and gave some of us non-skinjobs the chance to stumble upon deals again ;) I suspected your methods were along these lines, I just don’t have the coding skills to do what you do hahaha, I rely on sheer dumb luck and refreshing the hell out of eBay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom