Nine months of online bargains

navels

Full House
Reaction score
Been thinking about retiring :)

298r49.jpg

At a high level: I'm a software developer and have written a bunch of code that trawls Craigslist, LetGo, OfferUp, and Facebook Marketplace for chips and sends me an email of links. Every hour. I click the links. Every hour (during the day). I look very closely at the pictures.

Then there is the social engineering required to get people to take PayPal and ship. And if they won't, the effort to get someone I know in the area to help. If I'm not interested or can't get the deal done for whatever reason, I'll notify local chippers so they can take a crack.

It's a big pain in the ass. I can't tell you how many shitty chips I've looked at. Or pictures of fireplace pokers.

Taghkanic

Flush
Reaction score
Or pictures of fireplace pokers.

Heh. Been there. (That’s also how I feel when I search Twitter for news of my favorite NFL team. I have to put together complex queries to filter out posts including “MAGA,” “qanon,” etc. I won’t mention the team’s name since you are from Seattle...)

allforcharity

Full House
Reaction score
At a high level: I'm a software developer and have written a bunch of code that trawls Craigslist, LetGo, OfferUp, and Facebook Marketplace for chips and sends me an email of links. Every hour. I click the links. Every hour (during the day). I look very closely at the pictures.
That's what I thought. If I had the skills, that's exactly how I would do it. But there's no way I can compete, so I should probably stop searching.

kmccormick100

Full House
Reaction score

View attachment 170391

Then there is the social engineering required to get people to take PayPal and ship. And if they won't, the effort to get someone I know in the area to help. If I'm not interested or can't get the deal done for whatever reason, I'll notify local chippers so they can take a crack.

It's a big pain in the ass. I can't tell you how many shitty chips I've looked at. Or pictures of fireplace pokers.
We wouldn’t hate it if you retired and gave some of us non-skinjobs the chance to stumble upon deals again ;) I suspected your methods were along these lines, I just don’t have the coding skills to do what you do hahaha, I rely on sheer dumb luck and refreshing the hell out of eBay.

Top Bottom