Nile Club decision (1 Viewer)

nullrejector

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've been researching quite some time for my first decent set of chips for cash games...my first set above dice chips. I've bought lots of samples, mostly of medium range priced chips (e.g., china clays and ceramics). By far, my favorite is the Nile Club ceramic. I really like everything about them, including the texture, feel, sound, design, etc. I know they are not perfect, but in this price range it's my favorite. I have one large hesitation, the similarity in color between the .25 and $1 chips. I'd like to consider other designs by the same manufacturer, but I'm having difficulty tracking down who's making the Nile Club chips. Do you know who makes this chip, preferably the exact same chip with a different design? Or, do you know of other chips with a similar texture, feel, sound, etc. that I should consider? Thanks!

I'd like to consider other designs by the same manufacturer, but I'm having difficulty tracking down who's making the Nile Club chips. Do you know who makes this chip, preferably the exact same chip with a different design?

Talk to Sal from Old West Poker Supplies. He should be able to help.

Nile Club chips are produced through one of our poker accessories suppliers. They don't offer any other stock ceramic lines. They do offer custom chip printing but you would have to place a large order to get the average Nile Club pricing. Their minimum order is 500 chips and they would run you about .86 cents a piece.

We have an Egyptian design in the works but it wouldn't be the same design and it wouldn't be the same blank that they print on.

As far as the similarity in color:
Sure white and cream are similar but the edge spots easily give away the difference. And the inner ring icon is totally different. Have you actually ordered them and played with them? I don't think you would have too many issues with telling the difference between the two chips.

Would you be playing cash games with them or tournament style? Because you would quickly eliminate the .25 cent from play anyways and then the next to go would be the $1.

I think that if it's a chip you really like then I would go for it because it's one of the best values for ceramics you will find.

I don't want to bust your bubble, but Nile Club chips break and chip much easier than any other ceramic chip I have ever handled. If you go that route, get extras. Lots of 'em.

I don't want to bust your bubble, but Nile Club chips break and chip much easier than any other ceramic chip I have ever handled. If you go that route, get extras. Lots of 'em.

I want to echo this. Multiple reviews of these chips across various boards have stated the same thing, and even the sample set I received had one of the chips get damaged in the mail. I have no problems with you enjoying the chips - aesthetics and feel are personal preferences, and you like what you like! Just know that the Nile Clubs are more prone to damage than other ceramic sets so extras are warranted.

Also, they tend to be a little more slick than most ceramic chips; you may find your chip stacks tumbling a bit more often than other chips/blanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom