• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

NH/Mass Possible Chair Pickup (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
http://nh.craigslist.org/fud/4850086545.html

00j0j_3k2LWqM0yPu_600x450.jpg

Moving into my new house soon, wish I was already moved in, I would seriously consider picking up a bunch of these for my poker room.

Just sharing with anyone who is looking for some chairs. They look to be a solid buy.

Damn, really wish I had my own truck/suv I'd make the drive. Even if I have to bribe a friend to go with me, still might be worth it.

This is an insane deal. Someone reneged on a large order, and these guys must have gotten paid to clear out a warehouse, or something. Or used... maybe a hotel chain did a refurb?

I may be in for 10 (or more) if someone decides to make a run up there to get some.

can people let me know if you email the craigslist ad, and if you pick them up. how they look in person

I have a utility trailer. I suspect I can grab about 100 chairs. I think I can find storage space for them. There will be a small charge for the service, as I am having back problems, and will need to hire some muscle to move them to my attic space for storage. I am guessing well < $100 total cost, divided equally amongst all the chairs. If I get 100 chairs, that's $1 per chair max. At 50 chairs (and I am thinking about 20 for just myself for the BBotB5), that's $2/chair max. If you leave them and let us use them for the BBotB5, the fee will be waived, and I'll make this part of my hosting contributions.

Anyone know how much more comfortable these chairs are compared to the Hercules stacking chairs from stackchairs4less.com. I have the latter, and even though they have 3" padded seats, they are not very comfortable for hours of poker. If these are significantly more comfortable, I would also be in for 10 chairs (although the gold color is pretty ghastly) if someone like Chikcen Rob did a pickup. I'm in Metrowest in MA.

I have a utility trailer. I suspect I can grab about 100 chairs. I think I can find storage space for them. There will be a small charge for the service, as I am having back problems, and will need to hire some muscle to move them to my attic space for storage. I am guessing well < $100 total cost, divided equally amongst all the chairs. If I get 100 chairs, that's $1 per chair max. At 50 chairs (and I am thinking about 20 for just myself for the BBotB5), that's $2/chair max. If you leave them and let us use them for the BBotB5, the fee will be waived, and I'll make this part of my hosting contributions.

Okay, if you get them then add on 10 for me. Should be fine with leaving them for BBotB, I'll figure out transport from your place to mine later privately.

I'm going tomorrow. There are rumors SSanel and bergs may be there as well. I'll report back here and do an official commitment thread. I'll ask them to hold 150 of them if they check out tomorrow, and go down the following weekend to pick them up.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Guinness, you should get the Treehouse to spring for some.

I'm available next weekend if everything checks out and we're going to pull the trigger. I figure I'll fit as many as I can in the civic and repeat the process after BBotB. Any chance we could tack a poker game onto the trip?

I drove up first thing this morning and picked up 20 chairs. They are used, but in very good shape. Some have minor tears on the fabric, others look like they have never been used. The majority of them are being kept in a warehouse, so you say how many you want, and they bring them down for you. I was not too particular, since I was pressed for time, and just took the 20 that they brought for me. I think they are very comfortable, but obviously have not put them to the test. They supposedly all came from the Park Plaza in Boston.

One thing to note is that they do not stack like some stackables where the legs rest exactly on top of the legs below. They stack a little further to the front of the cushion. Not sure if this makes sense, but the result is that when stacked, they take up more space from Front to Back, and ultimately cannot stack as high. This may have an impact on how you store them, or how you transport them.

Also of note, If you pay cash, you get an additional 10% off the order, and of course in NH no sales tax. All said and done, I think $270 for 20 of these chairs is an amazing deal. I would be tempted to grab more if I am heading North. I need to determine How many I am going to keep, so may have 10 for sale soon. He said that they were expecting someone today who was going to take 600 of them.

Ok, ssanel got 20 of these this morning. I didn't go down. My trailer is buried. Deep. I'm not gonna be able to transport a ton of these. I'd be willing to store them, but I'd need someone local to deliver. My only hope is someone else wants to pick some up for me, or I get a uhaul next saturday.

I called the guy about the chairs, he said they have over 1000 left. I'm gonna go for it next weekend. If someone else wants to get some mid week, I'm in for 20 of them. If you want me to get some for you, let me know (PM me so I can keep track), I'll get them next weekend if any are left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom