NFT playing cards is the dumbest thing ever, right? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I just saw this on my Facebook feed

C22CC997-4A15-402D-9E30-F486147266D6.png

I don’t completely understand NFTs. I guess my understanding is that you own a unique digital thing, which you can either appreciate, or sell (if it appreciates - bam!)

I understand why people collect physical plating cards - it’s just like collecting anything, right?
But what’s the point of this? Is this just the direction we’re heading in - people collecting digital crap instead of physical crap?

It’s a buzz word / marketing angle.

It’s not really an nft in any meaningful sense - they just have serial codes. And you can buy them with etherium. There’s nothing on bicycles product page that even identifies it as non fungible tokens - they just use the acronym.

Is this just the direction we’re heading in - people collecting digital crap instead of physical crap?
We've already been going that way for a while. I haven't bought a song, movie, or video game on physical media in years.

And then of course, there's these:

Overwatch-LootBox.jpg

These are the only NFTs you need.
Screenshot_20211225-133211~2.png

Defi Kingdoms. The only crypto that matters lol

Isn't there something about the original owner getting a commission every time one is sold?

Isn't there something about the original owner getting a commission every time one is sold?
There are certain NFT's that'll give "royalties" to the creator every time it's been sold.

Once everyone figures this out, everyone will be an artist and NFT producer. While the price gaps just get larger and larger lol

There are certain NFT's that'll give "royalties" to the creator every time it's been sold.

Once everyone figures this out, everyone will be an artist and NFT producer. While the price gaps just get larger and larger lol
Remember, NFTs are now considered "cash" by the IRS and the Treasury will be writing rules as such. Buy and sell more than 10K USD in NFTs, you'll be inviting the IRS to visit for your next 4th of July BBQ. Just make sure you have the social security numbers and addresses of those you sell to, even overseas.

Remember, NFTs are now considered "cash" by the IRS and the Treasury will be writing rules as such. Buy and sell more than 10K USD in NFTs, you'll be inviting the IRS to visit for your next 4th of July BBQ. Just make sure you have the social security numbers and addresses of those you sell to, even overseas.
This is true. Thankfully all my NFTs were free ;) lololol

I’ve been hearing rumors that they want all items you own to be recognized as “cash”

So if you own a physical coin that’s worth like $2,000 you’ll probably have to pay taxes on it in the near future. Even if you have zero plans of selling it, it seems. Like a land tax. Literally an owners tax...

(Sounds crazy, but I’ve been hearing tons about it. Then again I don’t work for the government and I don’t have insider info like that fully.)

Just weird, more taxes on shit that makes zero sense...

“You will own nothing, and be happy”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom