NFL Sunday Ticket (Student Packages) (1 Viewer)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Football season upon us. I've never been at a location where I can get direct TV, so up until kids it was catch the Raiders game at a local bar where I could steal a TV away.

If you just need to catch a single or team game, just google NFL Reddit Streams. Works pretty well, might have to refresh once or twice during the broadcast, image quality is great.

If you don't have direct TV or aren't in an area where it's supported, take a look at the NFL Ticket Student package. Same product, get all out of market Sunday games, only difference is it's online or over devices. I usually run split screen or Redzone on the TV through Xbox.

Best part is it's legit so you never have a stream down, and it's just $100 for the whole season! I just signed up again and figured I'd share, since before this I struggled to see everything I wanted over a season.

We signed up a couple days ago. I've had the Sunday Ticket for years but finally cut out DirectTV satellite. NFL was the only reason we kept the service.

Direct TV says it will let you sign up for a streaming-only package *if* you aren’t able to put one of their dishes on your home.

Not being able to qualify for the student package, and really not wanting to put up a dish, I thought I was SOL.

But I was a DirectvNow streaming customer... So I spent most of an afternoon a few years ago climbing the ladder at customer service asking/pleading/cajoling/yelling at them to give me authorization for an NFLST streaming package.

It took about five different numbers/supervisors, and lots of empty threats to cancel my DirectvNow service, to get this accomplished. Lots of me yelling “I am trying to give you money but you refuse to take it! What kind of business model is this?”

But it worked. Not cheap... But something I (tell myself I) need.

DirectvNow is now called AT&T TV Now or some nonsense, and they are always changing their login system, so I had to spend another 2-3 hours last week to make sure this would work for the season. I got that accomplished, but probably only because they’d already charged my card, so I could get huffy about them charging me for something which (for a bit) I could not access.

Customer service there is horrible... And it is never quite clear who at which division has the power to make this happen. Just have to keep trying until you finally find someone with a brain.

I'd love to do DirectTV streaming for the season only, but I'm not a student anymore. How does it work? I've seen that you can get something similar if you live in an apartment, but that doesn't apply to me either.

I worry the NFL's downfall will be its unwillingness to make watching the games easy enough, especially for young people. Young people dont have cable, dont gave satelite, and dont watch OTA TV. They aren't doing enough to foster new young fans. Its a real challenge to watch football these days for someone like me who doesn't go out to bars any more.

All of the Thursday night games are streamed for free on Amazon Prime and Twitch.

I have been using the streams found on that subreddit for years and can vouch for that as a free source of games. Its nice now that most of the linked Reddit streams are mobile friendly. If I can I like to cast from my ipad to my tv. I dont like opening up these crazy Russian/Ukranian websites on my usual laptop.

Hey Everyone,

Football season upon us. I've never been at a location where I can get direct TV, so up until kids it was catch the Raiders game at a local bar where I could steal a TV away.

If you just need to catch a single or team game, just google NFL Reddit Streams. Works pretty well, might have to refresh once or twice during the broadcast, image quality is great.

If you don't have direct TV or aren't in an area where it's supported, take a look at the NFL Ticket Student package. Same product, get all out of market Sunday games, only difference is it's online or over devices. I usually run split screen or Redzone on the TV through Xbox.

Best part is it's legit so you never have a stream down, and it's just $100 for the whole season! I just signed up again and figured I'd share, since before this I struggled to see everything I wanted over a season.
Just clicked to see if I was eligible - it told me my “student record was not found“ - did you put an active student record in there to receive this service or is there a way around that?

Not being able to qualify for the student package, and really not wanting to put up a dish, I thought I was SOL.
I'd love to do DirectTV streaming for the season only, but I'm not a student anymore. How does it work? I've seen that you can get something similar if you live in an apartment, but that doesn't apply to me either.
They literally just ask for a name, college, and birthday. I used my niece two years ago, our nanny when she was getting her masters last year, and this year I went on my wife's Facebook and looked up people's whose birthdays it was. Found a college kid, and tada (sent dad a message I was using them in case he might be).

It literally doesn't nothing but check, doesn't follow up, send them a message, nada. With how difficult they make it to watch NFL games, I wouldn't be surprised if almost all the Student packages were just grown men at home who couldn't get it otherwise (or didn't want to pay for an entire direcTV package to get it).

I worry the NFL's downfall will be its unwillingness to make watching the games easy enough, especially for young people. Young people dont have cable, dont gave satelite, and dont watch OTA TV. They aren't doing enough to foster new young fans. Its a real challenge to watch football these days for someone like me who doesn't go out to bars any more.

All of the Thursday night games are streamed for free on Amazon Prime and Twitch.

I have been using the streams found on that subreddit for years and can vouch for that as a free source of games. Its nice now that most of the linked Reddit streams are mobile friendly. If I can I like to cast from my ipad to my tv. I dont like opening up these crazy Russian/Ukranian websites on my usual laptop.
The streams are awesome and so easy now. I only went away cause it's worth the $100 to not have to deal when they go in and out and have a nice interface.

Just clicked to see if I was eligible - it told me my “student record was not found“ - did you put an active student record in there to receive this service or is there a way around that?
Yes has to be an active student somewhere. Use someone in your family, or ask someone else to use theirs. It does absolutely nothing to them, just need real info since it verifies. If people really CANT get some, I can ask some friends for their kids' info for sunday ticket, they won't mind.

Also for everyone, it does give you a week free as well, if you want to cancel in that time. For $100 though, pretty much the best deal you'll find.

The streams are awesome and so easy now. I only went away cause it's worth the $100 to not have to deal when they go in and out and have a nice interface.

Let me ask this... I often work on Sundays and I know the NFL has some kind of "replay" streaming service... does the service you are subscribed to include the "replay" service?

They literally just ask for a name, college, and birthday. I used my niece two years ago, our nanny when she was getting her masters last year, and this year I went on my wife's Facebook and looked up people's whose birthdays it was. Found a college kid, and tada (sent dad a message I was using them in case he might be).

Hmmm... I’m tempted to chance it. But also don’t want to jeopardize the service I worked so hard to get. Maybe I’ll audit a course at the Community College next year and just use those “credentials.” I could ask my niece or nephew, but it’s a little early to get them involved in a life of crime. (Been waiting until they graduated, natch.)

Yes, I have been using this service for the past few years. The only negative is that you can only stream on one device at a time. But at this price, you can't really count that as a negative. Back when I had DirecTV, it used to be nice to have multiple TVs going with different receivers.

Trying Youtube TV this year after poor results woth PSVue and slingTV last year. The college or overseas Sunday Ticket are probably the best deal IMO but too much hassle for me to deal with.

Yes, I have been using this service for the past few years. The only negative is that you can only stream on one device at a time. But at this price, you can't really count that as a negative. Back when I had DirecTV, it used to be nice to have multiple TVs going with different receivers.
Yeah a few years back I found a way around that, but it's pretty much firm nowadays. I'll usually run all the games on the TV via this, and then if my team is playing I'll run that separately on my laptop next to me via reddit streams.
Hmmm... I’m tempted to chance it. But also don’t want to jeopardize the service I worked so hard to get. Maybe I’ll audit a course at the Community College next year and just use those “credentials.” I could ask my niece or nephew, but it’s a little early to get them involved in a life of crime. (Been waiting until they graduated, natch.)
I've never had any remote issues with it or heard of anyone having issues. They don't publicize this a ton, the only reason I found it was actually calling in to complain a couple years back that I wanted Sunday ticket but couldn't get it, and the employee told me if I didn't mind using a "device" to just sign up as a student.
Let me ask this... I often work on Sundays and I know the NFL has some kind of "replay" streaming service... does the service you are subscribed to include the "replay" service?
I'm honestly not sure, I've never tried that. It does say see whole games in 30 minutes, where they cut out commercials and the time from dead ball to snap, so I'd imagine that's a replay type thing. I'll let you know.

1599834257451.png

Trying Youtube TV this year after poor results woth PSVue and slingTV last year. The college or overseas Sunday Ticket are probably the best deal IMO but too much hassle for me to deal with.
Ooof, yeah I've been through those with you brother. Sling was trash, so much difficulties. I'm so so happy to have found this awhile back, I doubt I ever change. $100 and never an issue, except when I'm watching at home and we go to leave, it takes about 3-4 minutes before I can start streaming on my phone app (1 device).

Trying Youtube TV this year

I have YouTubeTV and it's great, although the price has jumped noticeably in the last year or so - I believe I signed up around $55/month and it's now approaching $75. Still less than most cable packages, though, but creeping upwards every few months. The local TV Networks you get are geo-restricted so that you only get your local channels i.e. you would not be able to watch your team's games if they aren't playing on a national broadcast. I'm sure ther are ways around this, but I haven't found them yet.

I know the NFL has some kind of "replay" streaming service

NFL GamePass - if that's what you mean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom