Next Table Build (1 Viewer)

stonker

Two Pair
Reaction score
There has been some great table building advise here recently. I have some questions and didn't want to high-jack someone else's post.
I am helping a friend build a table and wanted your advise on table size and betting line positioning.
This is something that I sketched up today and would like your input so we can start designing the custom layout.
The dimensions are for the plywood items and betting area and do not account for foam.
2019-03-26 (1).png

Offering assistance if needed. More so to see if I could actually accomplish it.

Holy cow! All this awesome table building experience on this site and nobody willing to keep an old fat guy from making a mistake. Should I move forward with the custom printed gaming cloth based on these dimensions or would you recommend some tweaks to the design?

If I’m reading the schematic correctly the space between the rail and betting line is 8” if so I think Chan just states that he leaves 7”. I think 8 will be fine. Otherwise what I’ve seen around looks about right.

@Trihonda has built a few so maybe he can chime in.

Edit: think most do 6” rails.

If I’m reading the schematic correctly the space between the rail and betting line is 8” if so I think Chan just states that he leaves 7”. I think 8 will be fine. Otherwise what I’ve seen around looks about right.

@Trihonda has built a few so maybe he can chime in.

Edit: think most do 6” rails.

Busy at work. Just saw this. I’ve done 5, 5.5”, and 6” rails. All are fine. Take into account the width of the foam. Overall table length seems a tad long for my liking, as I normally prefer 92”. But go with what works for you.

I have these 94x46 tables, when I get home tonight i'll measure what I have and see how they compare with what you have in your drawing.
This one has a 6" rail.

I agree 5, 5.5 or 6" rails are all good and just a matter of preference.
I generally like a 6" rail if there are going to be cup holders in the rail.
This table has a 5" rail. Without cup holders in it, I personally like the looks of the 5" rail better.

Busy at work. Just saw this. I’ve done 5, 5.5”, and 6” rails. All are fine. Take into account the width of the foam. Overall table length seems a tad long for my liking, as I normally prefer 92”. But go with what works for you.

Love the Fat Tire Lighted Rail Build Thread. Awesome job, you sir are an inspiration!

I have these 94x46 tables, when I get home tonight i'll measure what I have and see how they compare with what you have in your drawing.
This one has a 6" rail.

View attachment 267676

This table has a 5" rail. Without cup holders in it, I personally like the looks of the 5" rail better.

View attachment 267677

WOW!!! Beautiful tables. Did you build them yourself?

All looks good. I too designed my table in SolidWorks. Here's a final pic.
View attachment 267698

Great job Shaggy. I'm not very good with SolidWorks. I used to program CNC mills using Mastercam.
What would have taken me 15 minutes to design on Mastercam takes 3 to 4 times longer with SW.

Not implying anything is right or wrong, or good or bad, but just to give you a visual representation here are the same measurements of my table above.

2019-03-26 (1).png

I also have an 84x42 and for everything but 10 players its smaller size is better to play on. IMO

I saw this Mayline Cohere Flip Nest table advertised on FB for sale and it intrigued me.
I don't remember ever seeing a poker table that folded vertically but stayed on its legs/casters.
What do you think about building a poker table using this as a base?

MAYLINE COHERE FLIP TABLE 1.jpgMAYLINE COHERE FLIP TABLE 2.jpgMAYLINE COHERE FLIP TABLE 3.jpg

I think there is another base called spacetable (?) that does the same thing. @p5woody built something similar search for his pictures, it’s more of a table that tilts up and remains a smaller utility table with the playing surface against a wall

I think there is another base called spacetable (?) that does the same thing. @p5woody built something similar search for his pictures, it’s more of a table that tilts up and remains a smaller utility table with the playing surface against a wall
Yea, I can find pictures if anybody is interested.

I saw this Mayline Cohere Flip Nest table advertised on FB for sale and it intrigued me.
I don't remember ever seeing a poker table that folded vertically but stayed on its legs/casters.
What do you think about building a poker table using this as a base?
We have those in our office. I wouldn't trust the weight of a poker table on them, they're barely sturdy enough for a laptop!

I'm pretty sure that I have a good handle on the wood working. What I could use more guidance in is applying the foam and vinyl.
Do you use the "light haze" method for adhering the foam to the wood like Chanman's video for mounting the cloth or go a little heavier for the foam?
It seems to me that I saw a thread many years ago recommending segments to staple first on the rail to help achieve a wrinkle free rail.
I can't seem to find a good tutorial for wrapping the rail. Please send me a link if you know of one that I should look at.

Here are the legs being used for this build. Craigslist find painted with black chalk paint.

IMG_2458.jpgIMG_2513.JPG

Depending on the table two things to consider that I recall reading
- might need to build risers otherwise table might be a tad low
- might need to spread the legs further depending on table length

Depending on the table two things to consider that I recall reading
- might need to build risers otherwise table might be a tad low
- might need to spread the legs further depending on table length
I have a plan for building up the height. I think the spread is pretty good but we’ll take another look at it before we get too far.

This one has a 6" rail.

View attachment 267676

View attachment 267677
How much did the football feild table cost?

Very nice work! Before you throw out that jig I may need a few tables cut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom