Next CPC Set Ideas (1 Viewer)

SteveEH

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for any feedback on a couple of ideas I have for my next set.

First off, I'm a bit of a minimalist and I like to fly under the radar. So although I like a lot of the fancy sets I see here, they aren't really my style. I'm also a fan of retro, mid century modern and art deco.

My two set ideas would be for the regular players that have known each other since elementary/high school:

1. Homage to my first set.

0-tophats1.jpg

A 300 piece "Home Poker" theme set of red, blue and off white with hot stamps. If I go this route I would have custom die(s) made. Not sure if I want denominations or not, but if I do I'm willing to pay for custom 3 dies. Leaning towards non denom as there's more flexibility.

2. Replace my first custom ASM set's .25, $1, $5 chips with a different mold, and change the theme from "my" club to a club that represents the core regulars.

PXL_20210821_235855612.jpg

I like everything about these except for the mold. I've been trying to figure out how to improve it from a spot and colour perspective. I tried increasing spot progression, and adding spots to the quarter, but can't figure it out. The only change I've come up with would be to use lavender instead of purple on the $5 for a bit more contrast. I'm still not convinced as whenever I look at the pic above I really like them.

PXL_20210911_174151158.jpg

PXL_20210911_175019565.jpg

For molds I've decided on diamond square or circle square. I like the looks of the diamond more, but when I imagine the feel of broken in circle squares...it moved Jerry ;) I may just go with whatever CPC has next in line too.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I like the lavender spot. What do you think about DIASQR with 314s, keeping the base colors? Maybe add lavender 314s to the gray fracs?

I like the lavender spot. What do you think about DIASQR with 314s, keeping the base colors? Maybe add lavender 314s to the gray fracs?

I'm starting think lavender is a must for the $5 as it needs more contrast between the base and the spots to align with the $1 which has a lot.

I was toying with 414 spots for the $1 and $5, maybe even different colors on the $5, but that may be too fancy for me.

If I put lavender spots on the quarter I'd need to change the$5 spots...

Still don't know about the mold.

Thx

Vintage red 312 chips on the chipguide seem to have favored yellow, black, blue, white. Have you looked at the yellow family?

Gray/lav (family)
White/blue (family)
Red/yellow (family)

?

I see u updated your pics but I had another suggestion - one idea I've been toying with :)

Vintage red 312 chips on the chipguide seem to have favored yellow, black, blue, white. Have you looked at the yellow family?

Gray/lav (family)
White/blue (family)
Red/yellow (family)

?
This is one of my favorite sets and I love the simplicity of it. I just use the $25 as a quarter.
86C6299D-3948-496F-80C6-8BC4FEA9D03B.jpeg

83D24038-5E8C-4812-B922-2BDEBE03A854.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom