Newnham Poker CPC Design Poll PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

Dr Newnham

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Chippers,

After playing with some cpc chips, I have decided that I would like to pull the trigger on a custom set. These inlays are designed by @p5woody and he has done a phenomenal job!

I would like the opinion of fellow chippers on which inlay they prefer and also if the spot pattern/colours should be changed. Please give me your honest opinion.

Unknown.png
Unknown.png
Unknown.png

Inlay #3.

Individual chips are all very nice but things I’m not personally a fan of:

A blue on each of the first theee demons

White on both the $1 and $5

Same spot pattern on both the 44mm (I know selection is very slim on the oversize patterns and also assume the $100 would see very little play so close to a non-issue).

Agree with the others, #3 for me. Also that you could try and colour match either text/denom or logo and flanking. Love that 100 btw!

Do you have a color sample set? I'd recommend retro blue over dark blue. Dark blue is ok if you have retro elsewhere, but by itself IMHO retro is a much nicer color, especially on the DG orange base. I personally really like all the blue, I think the blue hues are one of CPC's strengths. My other suggestion would be changing one of the white spots to bright white.

Also how big of a set are you getting? I believe the 43mm chips are considered a separate order, you'd need at least 300 of the 43mms.

Inlay #3.

Individual chips are all very nice but things I’m not personally a fan of:

A blue on each of the first theee demons

White on both the $1 and $5

Same spot pattern on both the 44mm (I know selection is very slim on the oversize patterns and also assume the $100 would see very little play so close to a non-issue).

If I dont go with white for the blue or orange chip what colour do you reckon would work too? Thanks for the advice man

Do you have a color sample set? I'd recommend retro blue over dark blue. Dark blue is ok if you have retro elsewhere, but by itself IMHO retro is a much nicer color, especially on the DG orange base. I personally really like all the blue, I think the blue hues are one of CPC's strengths. My other suggestion would be changing one of the white spots to bright white.

Also how big of a set are you getting? I believe the 43mm chips are considered a separate order, you'd need at least 300 of the 43mms.

Retro blue is actually a really good idea! The bright white is such a huge premium, is ther any other colour you recommend that I could change the white with?

I gonna have to ask David about the 44mm chip order... if theres minimum requirement of 300... maybe i could do 44mm for the $5s as well?

Retro blue is actually a really good idea! The bright white is such a huge premium, is ther any other colour you recommend that I could change the white with?

I gonna have to ask David about the 44mm chip order... if theres minimum requirement of 300... maybe i could do 44mm for the $5s as well?

The premium for bright white is if you use it as a base color or very large spots like 1/4 pie. For smaller spots if you don’t mind that there could be small specks of of other color in it then there isn’t an upcharge.

One of the greens would look good with dayglow Tiger

@Rhodeman77 answered the question on bright white and the non-premium option. Think I'd shoot to use the non premium bright white on the $1 chip (assuming that's an option, not sure with that spot) and go with arc yellow on the $5er:

7ce117f3-c9b4-43da-a274-532cbb0a45ed.png

The note regarding not being able to combine 39mm and 44mm chips in one order is on CPC's pricing page under minimum orders. The 44mm scroll mold gets so few orders, they usually need the minimum to justify swapping in the mold. IIRC some have tried combining 44mm scroll orders to meet the 300 minimum, maybe ask around if someone else is considering an order, and it'd be a good idea to check with David.

This is the revised version so far, does anyone have a better suggestion or anything wrong with the colour choice I have made so far?
Love the spot progression.
As suggested above, perhaps you should consider incorporating chip and/or spot color into the inlay

Overall, I think it looks quite nice!

Personally, I would have preferred a brighter frac (reverse the colours?), but that's just me.

Reverse the colors?

DG pink would be plenty bright still be easily discernible from the other denoms.

My only problem is you stole my fiver and yours will make production before mine...I guess i'll get to see how it looks...:D

I think reversing the frac colors would look good as well...or you could make it a 214 with charcoal base and DG pink spots. It'll bring in some more color and all of your spots will be base off of a 1/2 notch except of for the Hundo

still would like to see some color matching on the Inlay

I think I still like the blue denoms better

Perhaps bring back the white ring on the outside of the inlay...give it a little old school feel

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom