Newbie to chips & forums but not poker (1 Viewer)

HosStyle

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum but I feel like I have learned a lot just by reading others posts and comments. I’ve played poker for 30 years, taught poker for 12 years and ran up to 12 table tournaments for 5 years. I obviously knew there were different kinds and quality of chips but never put much thought into it. I started down the rabbit hole a couple months ago, and like I do once I start something I go too far. I am in the process of putting both a tournament set and cash game set together. No I’m not getting Paulson yet but one day for sure! (I’m now saving) in the mean time I am going with China Clays. I have purchased 1200 Milano and getting 20 25000 plaques. For cash games I am leaning towards custom Royal’s. I got samples (as recommended on this site thank you for the advise) and was surprised how much I like the 43mm size. I’m currently working on a logo for my game to put on the sticker inlays, but in the mean time if anyone has any recommendations for other chips the consider I’m pretty open as long as they aren’t ceramic. I will share more and better pics once I have my set s complete. I am looking forward to interacting more with this community. Special thanks to Christopher M. & Hobbyphilic YouTube channels for recommending this site!

Caleb

Attachments

• AA78B091-4120-4170-822F-6EEBEFD52728.jpeg
    AA78B091-4120-4170-822F-6EEBEFD52728.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 110
Hi Caleb,

Welcome to PCF, Milano are also my first set into chipping

Had you tried Sample Card Mold Ceramic? I know you say you don’t like ceramic but these card mold felt way different. I will give it a try at sample first

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I feel like I have learned a lot just by reading others posts and comments. I’ve played poker for 30 years, taught poker for 12 years and ran up to 12 table tournaments for 5 years. I obviously knew there were different kinds and quality of chips but never put much thought into it. I started down the rabbit hole a couple months ago, and like I do once I start something I go too far. I am in the process of putting both a tournament set and cash game set together. No I’m not getting Paulson yet but one day for sure! (I’m now saving) in the mean time I am going with China Clays. I have purchased 1200 Milano and getting 20 25000 plaques. For cash games I am leaning towards custom Royal’s. I got samples (as recommended on this site thank you for the advise) and was surprised how much I like the 43mm size. I’m currently working on a logo for my game to put on the sticker inlays, but in the mean time if anyone has any recommendations for other chips the consider I’m pretty open as long as they aren’t ceramic. I will share more and better pics once I have my set s complete. I am looking forward to interacting more with this community. Special thanks to Christopher M. & Hobbyphilic YouTube channels for recommending this site!

Caleb
Welcome Caleb,

Like when @FordPickup92 and I joined the forum, you have joined in a fairly dense PCf members area! Lots of chip collectors in the KC area that would likely welcome you into their games... why buy samples when you can check out whole sets Free and get a game in at the same time!

Many of these members have beencollecting for years and have pretty amazing collections.

I don't like to over step but @Chawks45 aka Herbie is about one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Maybe shoot him a PM and see if maybe sometime you could join the game and check out the amazing collection of chips first hand!

This game is pretty full
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-kansas-city-straddle-–-july-14-17-2022.69218/post-1649141

But maybe you can find some other locals from ot that you could reach out to in trying to find a game.

Warning, stay away from real clay chips... it is an expensive itch that is nearly impossible to scratch! You think buying one set will make you feel complete... but I am willing to bet it will just leave you wanting more! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben

Hi Caleb,

Welcome to PCF, Milano are also my first set into chipping

Had you tried Sample Card Mold Ceramic? I know you say you don’t like ceramic but these card mold felt way different. I will give it a try at sample first
Thanks for the welcome and the tip. I’ll have to try a sample!

Welcome Caleb,

Like when @FordPickup92 and I joined the forum, you have joined in a fairly dense PCf members area! Lots of chip collectors in the KC area that would likely welcome you into their games... why buy samples when you can check out whole sets Free and get a game in at the same time!

Many of these members have beencollecting for years and have pretty amazing collections.

I don't like to over step but @Chawks45 aka Herbie is about one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Maybe shoot him a PM and see if maybe sometime you could join the game and check out the amazing collection of chips first hand!

This game is pretty full
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-kansas-city-straddle-–-july-14-17-2022.69218/post-1649141

But maybe you can find some other locals from ot that you could reach out to in trying to find a game.

Warning, stay away from real clay chips... it is an expensive itch that is nearly impossible to scratch! You think buying one set will make you feel complete... but I am willing to bet it will just leave you wanting more! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben
Thanks for the welcome! I didn’t realize KC was so well populated with PCF members! That’s a good idea getting to know some collectors in the area. With Covid I can’t venture out as much as I’d like. I have several close family members that are high risk because of organ transplants, but hopefully things will turn soon and I’ll be able to take your advice!

Thanks for the welcome and the tip. I’ll have to try a sample!

Thanks for the welcome! I didn’t realize KC was so well populated with PCF members! That’s a good idea getting to know some collectors in the area. With Covid I can’t venture out as much as I’d like. I have several close family members that are high risk because of organ transplants, but hopefully things will turn soon and I’ll be able to take your advice!
Most chippers are about 50% blood alcohol anyways and most of us are vaccinated.... you should be fine. Cask Strenght Bourbon kills everything! Lol

I understand the concern and hopefully we get on the other side of this thing one day soon!

Always around if you ever have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. We all that those "what the hell is a IHC, THC, RHC, BCC" questions when we started out, in no time you will speak a second language... I have actually been trying to get Babbel to incorporate "Chip chat" into their program, but they keep telling me there is "not enough intrest" idiots are missin out man! Haha

Ben

I don't like to over step but @Chawks45 aka Herbie is about one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

Thanks for the kind words, bro. You and Brie aren't too shabby yourselves!

I didn’t realize KC was so well populated with PCF members! That’s a good idea getting to know some collectors in the area. With Covid I can’t venture out as much as I’d like. I have several close family members that are high risk because of organ transplants, but hopefully things will turn soon and I’ll be able to take your advice!

Hiya, @HosStyle, and welcome aboard! There's a few of us spread around the greater KC metro, and they're either regs or been to my game. From Johnson to Clay to Jackson to Wyandotte to even Leavenworth and Platte, I'm pretty positive we have most of the local counties represented. We're also waiting for @chipinla to make the permanent move from the West coast back home.

By all means, please feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. We'd love to have you over (@Grandmasturkey, @tdccarpenter and @Chester Copperpot can tell you we tend to drive my non-chipping regs crazy at the table when we start talking chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:). Heck, if you also hit the poker rooms at either Harrah's or Hollywood, there's a good chance you'll run into some of us there, too, because a few of us are regs at the local poker rooms.

Thanks for the kind words, bro. You and Brie aren't too shabby yourselves!

Hiya, @HosStyle, and welcome aboard! There's a few of us spread around the greater KC metro, and they're either regs or been to my game. From Johnson to Clay to Jackson to Wyandotte to even Leavenworth and Platte, I'm pretty positive we have most of the local counties represented. We're also waiting for @chipinla to make the permanent move from the West coast back home.

By all means, please feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. We'd love to have you over (@Grandmasturkey, @tdccarpenter and @Chester Copperpot can tell you we tend to drive my non-chipping regs crazy at the table when we start talking chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:). Heck, if you also hit the poker rooms at either Harrah's or Hollywood, there's a good chance you'll run into some of us there, too, because a few of us are regs at the local poker rooms.
That’s awesome! Thanks for the invite! I’m new to this and I’m pretty sure my poker buddies are already tired of me talking chips!

Hey, @HosStyle, a mighty welcome to the club! I’m the biggest lurker and most novice chipper of the KC bunch but it’s definitely a tremendously awesome group of people. When you’re ready to get back in the swing of poker, @Chawks45 runs one of the safest games around and is an all-around great friend to have.

@Chester Copperpot, @Ben8257, @Grandmasturkey and @tdccarpenter are also amazing resources. You can definitely learn a lot about chipping from them, and the show and tells are terrific!

Hey, @HosStyle, a mighty welcome to the club! I’m the biggest lurker and most novice chipper of the KC bunch but it’s definitely a tremendously awesome group of people. When you’re ready to get back in the swing of poker, @Chawks45 runs one of the safest games around and is an all-around great friend to have.

@Chester Copperpot, @Ben8257, @Grandmasturkey and @tdccarpenter are also amazing resources. You can definitely learn a lot about chipping from them, and the show and tells are terrific!
That is really good to know! Thank you for the welcome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom