Newbie from Virginia checking in (1 Viewer)

eadorin

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I went to my very first poker night last Friday and now I'm hooked. My buddy insisted on using his own chips and while they were perfectly serviceable, he didn't have enough and had to bring in the walmart specials. A far cry from the ones I've used at Ballys/Bellagio or even Hollywood @ Charles Town. That set me off on quite a ride, as I'm the type of person who really likes to research his stuff before making any purchases. I'm a few dozen YT videos in, halfway through a book ( Master Micro Stakes Poker by Alton Hardin), and have been just pouring through website after website.

My first set of samplers (Tikis & the Gold Dragons) arrived today and they're great but I
  1. wanna try some clays
  2. need the right denoms
  3. want matching SB/BB tokens
and I got to thinking about Milanos and how nice it would be to have custom labels for our $0.05/$.10. Lo and behold, that led me here and this community seems fantastic. Anyway, super excited to be here and can't wait to keep learning while I save up for a set of Paulson's that don't cost my firstborn (he's 16 so his EV right now is exceptionally low :p )

- John

Welcome! Sounds like you've made all the right moves! Keep it up and please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!
Virginia has quite a few chippers as well as D.C. and Maryland, I will research and link the connection page started here. This will help you join in some home games with fellow chippers!

Edit: link added
Thread 'DMV Connection (DC, Maryland, Virginia)' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dmv-connection-dc-maryland-virginia.67883/

Hello everyone! I went to my very first poker night last Friday and now I'm hooked. My buddy insisted on using his own chips and while they were perfectly serviceable, he didn't have enough and had to bring in the walmart specials. A far cry from the ones I've used at Ballys/Bellagio or even Hollywood @ Charles Town. That set me off on quite a ride, as I'm the type of person who really likes to research his stuff before making any purchases. I'm a few dozen YT videos in, halfway through a book ( Master Micro Stakes Poker by Alton Hardin), and have been just pouring through website after website.

My first set of samplers (Tikis & the Gold Dragons) arrived today and they're great but I
  1. wanna try some clays
  2. need the right denoms
  3. want matching SB/BB tokens
and I got to thinking about Milanos and how nice it would be to have custom labels for our $0.05/$.10. Lo and behold, that led me here and this community seems fantastic. Anyway, super excited to be here and can't wait to keep learning while I save up for a set of Paulson's that don't cost my firstborn (he's 16 so his EV right now is exceptionally low :p )

- John
Welcome!! What part of VA!! Spotsylvania here.

Welcome! Sounds like you've made all the right moves! Keep it up and please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!
Virginia has quite a few chippers as well as D.C. and Maryland, I will research and link the connection page started here. This will help you join in some home games with fellow chippers!

Edit: link added
Thread 'DMV Connection (DC, Maryland, Virginia)' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dmv-connection-dc-maryland-virginia.67883/
sweet ty!

Welcome!! What part of VA!! Spotsylvania here.
Just south of Charlottesville. If you look at a newer map of Virginia, I'm pretty sure it says "here there be microbreweries"

Woohoo! Richmond area here.

Pop's poker is a card room in Midlothian VA that has somehow skirted the laws and has legal for now poker Thursdays to Mondays. It does have great action and multiple tables, but it will not scratch your itch to play with nice chips.

Woohoo! Richmond area here.

Pop's poker is a card room in Midlothian VA that has somehow skirted the laws and has legal for now poker Thursdays to Mondays. It does have great action and multiple tables, but it will not scratch your itch to play with nice chips.
I might be able to suggest a place.:unsure::)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom