Newbie from North Texas (1 Viewer)

RedRider52

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey Y’all, I’m a new member from North Texas. I joined to check out all the homemade tables and man there are some talented PCFers out there. Now that my table is ready to go, I‘m going to have to get some real chips to go with it! Looking forward to starting my (first) set.

Posted this earlier in a different thread, but here you go

Actually my second go and made just a portable topper this time. Easier to store with limited space

Attachments

• 5AFAF407-9044-4ACD-8162-3601D21D381E.jpeg
    5AFAF407-9044-4ACD-8162-3601D21D381E.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 101
  • CEE237D0-D24F-4845-9C84-C10B07C99AC9.jpeg
    CEE237D0-D24F-4845-9C84-C10B07C99AC9.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 104
Pretty sure if you like Tex-Mex you are headed in the right direction

I’m still considered new as well - moved here two years ago from VA - lol. I think it takes a generation before you’re not new anymore :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
That’s pretty funny, moved here from Virginia as well.

That’s pretty funny, moved here from Virginia as well.
Too funny! I was born and raised in VA. Grew up in Richmond and then lived in NoVA for ~ 15 years (14 years too long - lol). The traffic just finally wore me out.

TX is pretty cool so far. Less humid then VA actually, at least in the Dallas area (but still hotter for sure :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:). And the best part is 95% of the drivers know how to drive and will actually get out of the left lane!!! Property Taxes are a bit of a bummer, but you also get a LOT more house here for the $$. So it all nets out in the end.

People are generally pretty darn friendly too!

Too funny! I was born and raised in VA. Grew up in Richmond and then lived in NoVA for ~ 15 years (14 years too long - lol). The traffic just finally wore me out.

TX is pretty cool so far. Less humid then VA actually, at least in the Dallas area (but still hotter for sure :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:). And the best part is 95% of the drivers know how to drive and will actually get out of the left lane!!! Property Taxes are a bit of a bummer, but you also get a LOT more house here for the $$. So it all nets out in the end.

People are generally pretty darn friendly too!
I lived in Ashland Virginia just north of Richmond before I left. Was in Short Pump out in the west end for a few years before that.
Was born in Fairfax and my folks moved us to the Fredericksburg area when I was a teenager. Gradually migrated toward Richmond.

I really like Texas so far. The people as you say are very friendly and welcoming. Property taxes do suck but no state income tax is a huge plus.
Virginia has a tax for everything it seems so I figure no matter what, I’m much better off here.
The weather in Amarillo is much less humid and much more tolerable than the mid Atlantic region also. Don’t miss breaking a sweat walking from my front door to my car. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I drive for a living so the thought of never having to drive interstate 95 again is a major plus as well. IMO Virginia has just become way overcrowded and way too expensive for my tastes. I miss the many friends I still have there but I can never see myself returning other than for a visit.

I lived in Ashland Virginia just north of Richmond before I left. Was in Short Pump out in the west end for a few years before that.
Was born in Fairfax and my folks moved us to the Fredericksburg area when I was a teenager. Gradually migrated toward Richmond.

I really like Texas so far. The people as you say are very friendly and welcoming. Property taxes do suck but no state income tax is a huge plus.
Virginia has a tax for everything it seems so I figure no matter what, I’m much better off here.
The weather in Amarillo is much less humid and much more tolerable than the mid Atlantic region also. Don’t miss breaking a sweat walking from my front door to my car. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I drive for a living so the thought of never having to drive interstate 95 again is a major plus as well. IMO Virginia has just become way overcrowded and way too expensive for my tastes. I miss the many friends I still have there but I can never see myself returning other than for a visit.
Very familiar with Ashland and the Short Pump area! I do miss GreenTop though - best store around.

I grew up in Midlothian and then lived in the Fan after college and bought my first place in NorthSide. I do miss RVA, lots of old friends and all of our family is there. I don’t miss NoVA or I95 one bit though - lol. And I certainly don’t miss the humidity. For me it’s more the scenery, being close to the mountains, ocean, etc - you just can’t beat the Shenandoah: my annual canoe trip small mouth fishing the Shenandoah. We would alternate between the James up near Charlottesville and the Shenandoah. I went to school in Lexington, so the mountains really grew on me ( and the moonshine was for realz :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:).

6B6E0AED-CFCF-431B-984D-282EF20260AD.jpeg

I agree on the overcrowding, especially the NoVA/DC corridor- that’s not even really VA anymore - lol.

We are enjoying TX so far as well and the kids love it.

Since you are in the neighborhood, generally speaking, we might be able to work something out depending on what you are looking for. Or, if you are like me, the project is as enjoyable as playing on it and you will want to do it yourself.

Since you are in the neighborhood, generally speaking, we might be able to work something out depending on what you are looking for. Or, if you are like me, the project is as enjoyable as playing on it and you will want to do it yourself.
You have my attention.... :)

We’ll, I’m a hobby woodworker, but have 2 tables to my credit. Here’s my first one. You can’t laugh at my chips though, that’s why I’m spending way too much time on this sight to find a set of Big Boy chips.

Attachments

• 0551C0EE-B764-4921-9216-8C3791EBBE5A.png
    0551C0EE-B764-4921-9216-8C3791EBBE5A.png
    1 MB · Views: 82
Very nice table you have there! Welcome to the forum, fellow Texan.

Hey Y’all, I’m a new member from North Texas. I joined to check out all the homemade tables and man there are some talented PCFers out there. Now that my table is ready to go, I‘m going to have to get some real chips to go with it! Looking forward to starting my (first) set.
Welcome aboard …
This is a great community to be a part of !!!
What type of chips are you interested in ???
Nice pics of your table …

Thanks. I am starting from scratch, so I‘m really just seeing what kind of chips are out there. Today’s Jack Cincinnati sale looks pretty interesting, so hope to start building a home set and see where I go from there.

I’m still considered new as well - moved here two years ago from VA - lol. I think it takes a generation before you’re not new anymore :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
How the hell you get from VA to Amarillo? I was from Richmond but moved here in the mid 90s, best move evah!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom