New Years Eve Plans (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
What's going on? Anything exciting?

I'm off work in a few minutes. @Marc Hedrick and his lovely wife will be coming over later. Marc will probably bring some pretty cool beer. Odds are I'll never have had it before. Then the four of us will be hitting a local brewery for dinner, drinks, and maybe some cards (non poker shit).

Then tomorrow I'll be meeting a few of the guys at @Boother36 place for afternoon dealers choice

Your game plan?

I'll be changing this dude's diaper all night as the antibiotics he is on tends to lead to an abundance of blow outs.

Soooo much poooop!

IMG_20181230_175531.jpg

I played poker until 3:45am this morning do the odds of me making it to midnight fall right between slim and none. We will do some kids countdown from Netflix. Then once they are in bed we have some champagne and chocolates and pass out by 11.

We are off to dinner with @mike32 and his bird, and another couple of long time friends for dinner. Then to a New Years party with the hockey guys. I hope to not be out too late (or drink too much ;)) so I can play hockey in the morning before an afternoon of New Years day cards, beers and football with the boys!!

Hosting a party... you're all more than welcome to come over... We are expecting 40, but purchased food and drink for 200... (of course).

Dancing and music (DJ Setup), tons of fun fames for adults and kids (I particularly love the saran ball game where we've included a dozen + mini liquor bottles)…

Oh and lots of food and beverages (though I'm sure our Madison beverage selection isn't up to the MI crew standards).

115ECB4B-CB58-451D-9B5B-A0B8D6E665EF.jpeg

Here’s how it works...

Someone starts unwrapping, and the next person in line roles two dice... once they roll a pair, they yell stop and the unwrapped has to stop. Anything you unwrap while it’s your turn is hours to keep. We put lottery scratch offs and mini bottles inside. As well as a cash prize in the middle.

The kids have similar stuff (minus the booze). They have a bunch of koosh type toys and candy.

The trick is to only wrap the Saran around a couple times before tearing it off and wrapping from another direction. This prevents someone from grabbing the end and unraveling it all. You have to find the new end a few times before a new prize is revealed.

115ECB4B-CB58-451D-9B5B-A0B8D6E665EF.jpeg

We are hosting a Speakeasy party. 20's music roaring all night, booze, cigars, dancing, roulette, poker etc. All the guys dressed in suits with fedoras and all the gals dressed like flappers. At midnight, my wife and I play Auld Lang Syne every year on guitar and drums, neighbors probably hate it, but fuck 'em! Should be a swell time you crazy kids!

just read that the Dow had its worst December since the great depression, perfect......tonight we're gonna party like it's 1929!

Last edited:
View attachment 232598

Here’s how it works...

Someone starts unwrapping, and the next person in line roles two dice... once they roll a pair, they yell stop and the unwrapped has to stop. Anything you unwrap while it’s your turn is hours to keep. We put lottery scratch offs and mini bottles inside. As well as a cash prize in the middle.

The kids have similar stuff (minus the booze). They have a bunch of koosh type toys and candy.

The trick is to only wrap the Saran around a couple times before tearing it off and wrapping from another direction. This prevents someone from grabbing the end and unraveling it all. You have to find the new end a few times before a new prize is revealed.

View attachment 232598
I saw the picture before reading the narrative and thought you raided the evidence locker at the station. :p

View attachment 232598

Here’s how it works...

View attachment 232598

i love this so much I'm going to borrow the concept for some future get together my family is going to host :LOL: :laugh:(y) :thumbsup:

View attachment 232598

Here’s how it works...

View attachment 232598
Clever idea. Perfect around the holidays b-day party, etc.

Nice, I'm working on a similar lineup this evening.

20181231_163827.jpg

Same as usual for us, hanging out with the boys, munching on hors d'oeuvres and snacks, watching a movie or two (just finished Venom) and playing board games until the ball drops. PNY monopoly!

20181231_194604.jpg

Supposed to be pouring in Time square for all those crazies in NYC tonight....

Last edited:
Watching hockey and then get fresh with the wife later;). We may not make it until midnight, but who knows

Watching a movie and eating popcorn with my wife and our 3 year old. Rocco the 9 year old decided to join the party.

85276601-F3B5-42FB-9D1E-A8327649B5E6.jpeg

Split a grilled t-bone and twice baked potatoes. Watching Pine Gap on Netflix. Our party days were over long ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom