New user checking in (1 Viewer)

prayer_mode

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Greetings all. On the hunt for a nice, new set... 1000 chips, maybe Paulsons, customs (CPC or ceramics), still undecided and working out my budget. Looking forward to browsing the forum to see what others have done and what kind of chips are out there. Cheers!

Hello and welcome!

You might not need 1000 chips, which may help with budgeting. Clearly define your game needs first.

For sure... I currently own a 500-piece set of the china clay Pharaohs which I've used for years, and they're fine, but I'm looking to upgrade to a custom set (or Paulson set if stars align!) of 1000 chips so we can play a bit deep stacked and expand the number of players if needed. Micro-stakes cash game .25/.50 blinds.... $0.25, $1, $5, $25 denominations. Also gives the option to play $1/2 if we want.

For sure... I currently own a 500-piece set of the china clay Pharaohs which I've used for years, and they're fine, but I'm looking to upgrade to a custom set (or Paulson set if stars align!) of 1000 chips so we can play a bit deep stacked and expand the number of players if needed. Micro-stakes cash game .25/.50 blinds.... $0.25, $1, $5, $25 denominations. Also gives the option to play $1/2 if we want.
If you haven't seen this yet, the PCF Poker Set Selection Tool has a good recommendation for numbers that support .25/.50 and $1/$2 that hugs closer to 500 than 1000 chips.

https://docs.google.com/presentatio...94QQaEgquQ/present#slide=id.gb87db633bf_0_348

This is amazing! Thanks!
I have tinkered with it many times! Be sure to click around and try different things. There is even a little button that appears on the last page with any breakdown that includes extra suggestions that might customize the experience for your play group. In the end, you're crafting what will work for you. However, it is nice to have guidance. To that end, this is literally where I started:

Many, many folks have been brought here by the great @Chris Manzoni!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom