New Tourney Set (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't it be better to reduce your T500's and increase your T1K's and T5K's thereby alleviating need for T25K? You shouldn't need so many T500's given your next chip is T1K.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better to reduce your T500's and increase your T1K's and T5K's thereby alleviating need for T25K? You shouldn't need so many T500's given your next chip is T1K.
Yes, that would be another option.

I agree. I’d go with less 500’s and more 1k’s and 5ks. Maybe even fewer 100’s.
What are your blind levels and when do u color up?

I agree. I’d go with less 500’s and more 1k’s and 5ks. Maybe even fewer 100’s.
What are your blind levels and when do u color up?
It varies, mainly by amount of players, where blinds are, and size of starting stacks.

It’s not universal. Varies greatly.

Played around with numbers

160 Green
300 Black
240 Purple
200 Yellow
90 Orange
10 Chocolate

or Option 2

160, 300, 240, 190, 100, 10.

I think 240 Purple with 200 Yellow allows the most flexibility.

I forgot to mention, that an issue I had in the previous tourney, was on top of the blinds being very high, coloring up became an issue because with 16 players, and 3 orange per stack, this only allowed 2 extra oranges to color up with, negating any helpfulness, so yes, I agree, more yellow and orange wound be beneficial.

It varies, mainly by amount of players, where blinds are, and size of starting stacks.

It’s not universal. Varies greatly.
Got it. With starting stacks of 25k-30k your 25’s and 100’s will get colored up earlier on in the game so I’d hate to see all those chips leave the table.

Got it. With starting stacks of 25k-30k your 25’s and 100’s will get colored up earlier on in the game so I’d hate to see all those chips leave the table.

First 7 rounds were small blinds of 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 175, 250, and then no more 25's needed. This was based on the blind calculator for a 4 hour tourney at 30k and 15 minute blinds.

Of course, this is easy to play around with if needed.

And to be honest, this was only my second tourney of >10 people, and the last tourney of 16, we never went above Level 12. This past tourney, we hit Level 19. Was very surprised to say the least.

We had 2 tables of 8 to start and table 2 was extremely slow (a lot of newcomers and non-regular players). Table 1 was a more experienced group (random seat drawing). I got stuck at table 2 and probably went on tilt because of the constant questions and slow pace. My wife, of all people knocked me out (she doesn't play regularly and I was pissed at the horrible pace and went all in on 2 pair when I knew there was a straight out there).

And not going to lie. I love your avatar.

9F1D4360-C01C-4399-8324-6848E4D9640F.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom