New to the forum from Atlanta, GA (1 Viewer)

Exovernian

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a recent college graduate (roll tide) originally from Mississippi who moved to Atlanta after college. I love poker and have played in a myriad of settings (home games, tournaments, bar games, etc) and always love playing some cards. I dealt and banked in the game that I played with my fraternity brothers in college, and miss it dearly - don't know what you got till it's gone hahaha. I live in midtown ATL and was playing regularly at the poker room before it got shut down the other day (hoping they come back like they say they will). Outside of poker my interests include travel, golf, movies, video games, and weed. Looking forward to hopefully meeting more ATLiens and poker players!

Welcome, many of us are in the Atlanta area. Which game was shut down?
T

Hi everyone, I am a recent college graduate (roll tide) originally from Mississippi who moved to Atlanta after college. I love poker and have played in a myriad of settings (home games, tournaments, bar games, etc) and always love playing some cards. I dealt and banked in the game that I played with my fraternity brothers in college, and miss it dearly - don't know what you got till it's gone hahaha. I live in midtown ATL and was playing regularly at the poker room before it got shut down the other day (hoping they come back like they say they will). Outside of poker my interests include travel, golf, movies, video games, and weed. Looking forward to hopefully meeting more ATLiens and poker players!
What exactly happened to The Poker Room? Never been, but I followed them on FB. They kept saying they were coming back and never did. I just played at Little Kings and Queens this past weekend.

FYI, I'm over in the Woodstock/Kennesaw area NW of ATL. I run games occasionally out here. Small buy in tournaments, .25/.50 No Limit, and some Limit mix. Older crowd, 30s - 40s. But if you're interested, always happy to have a fellow PCFer, new or established, come out to play.

What exactly happened to The Poker Room? Never been, but I followed them on FB. They kept saying they were coming back and never did. I just played at Little Kings and Queens this past weekend.

FYI, I'm over in the Woodstock/Kennesaw area NW of ATL. I run games occasionally out here. Small buy in tournaments, .25/.50 No Limit, and some Limit mix. Older crowd, 30s - 40s. But if you're interested, always happy to have a fellow PCFer, new or established, come out to play.
About two months ago The Poker Room briefly shut down due to some disagreement with the owners. I think it may have additionally changed hands during this time. Regardless, it was reopened in about a week and business continued for a month or two.

Last week, it was raided by the police for illegal gambling and shut down. It is tentatively scheduled to reopen today at 2PM, but I am skeptical at best. Really hope they do reopen, as it is way closer for me to play there than LKQ - just much harder to justify the roundtrip to LKQ especially after working all day.

Appreciate the invite to the games as well - will give you a shout if I'm in the area!

About two months ago The Poker Room briefly shut down due to some disagreement with the owners. I think it may have additionally changed hands during this time. Regardless, it was reopened in about a week and business continued for a month or two.

Last week, it was raided by the police for illegal gambling and shut down. It is tentatively scheduled to reopen today at 2PM, but I am skeptical at best. Really hope they do reopen, as it is way closer for me to play there than LKQ - just much harder to justify the roundtrip to LKQ especially after working all day.

Appreciate the invite to the games as well - will give you a shout if I'm in the area!
The owners really botched it by the numbers. Loophole in ATL was granted because it was founded as a charity room. There's a similar concept in Buford, GA about 90 mins north. You can't sell a charity to another owner like a business. This jeopardized their charity status and I hear there was a major theft during this time too (all the poker tables were stolen). Shame too, as it was starting to be a nice spot that folks were starting to gravitate to.

The owners really botched it by the numbers. Loophole in ATL was granted because it was founded as a charity room. There's a similar concept in Buford, GA about 90 mins north. You can't sell a charity to another owner like a business. This jeopardized their charity status and I hear there was a major theft during this time too (all the poker tables were stolen). Shame too, as it was starting to be a nice spot that folks were starting to gravitate to.
The Buford room, Little Kings and Queens, was raided by the GBI mid June. They are no longer open.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom