New to Poker Chips (1 Viewer)

Can you share more about your game? How much do people buy in for now? What blinds do you use? What denominations do you currently use your dice chips for? Tournament/cash?

My lesson, as I was just sharing- I had been eyeing clay chips for a loooong time. I finally made the splurge, and am super happy with my choice.

However, in doing so, I made some bad choices in the quantities and denominations. I bought more of some chips than I needed, and not enough of others. I was so focused on the chips, I forgot to think about the set size and mix.

Spend some time here and research the different views. Think about the types of games, the betting structure (fixed, pot, no-limit), typical buy-ins, blind structure... You’ll find some great reading.

Start searching for starting stack and cash set size and you’ll immediately hit on some good discussions to get you going.

I used these thicker, heavier, solid color “clay” (plastic) chips for a long time. They were affordable and they worked. You can still have fun without the expensive chips.

Alternatively, run with the wind, get in on the CARDS custom chip group buy for $.30/chip! And if you make a mistake, you’re out $200. If you choose wisely, you’ll potentially save yourself from addiction. :)

Welcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom