New to PCF used to be on ChipTalk (1 Viewer)

Bonz87

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have always liked poker and chips. Used to be on ChipTalk well over a decade ago. I never got to play a ton of in person poker and only ever picked up the Nevada Jacks Skulls chips. They have been around the world with me but still seen a pitiful amount of use. I am now in a much better position and starting to play with a local group of friends. Hoping to get back into poker and expand my chip collection I decided to look for ChipTalk again but it seems to have fallen away and now this seems to be the place to be. Glad to be meeting all of you and looking forward to talking poker and chips.

Welcome back. Lots of former CT people here. Time to upgrade from the Nevada Jacks :)

Welcome back to chipping. Think you'll find a lot of different chip options but prices have gone up a fair bit.

Welcome back. Lots of former CT people here. Time to upgrade from the Nevada Jacks :)
I agree. But the question is what to get. I have been browsing selling sites but I dont know which route to go. I figure it would also depend on how myself and my friends keep playing. A micro cash set and a tournament set seems like a good start in my thought.

Hello and welcome back
Thank You

Welcome to PCF!
Thank You

Welcome back to chipping. Think you'll find a lot of different chip options but prices have gone up a fair bit.
I noticed a bit of a price increase but to be honest the Nevada Jacks were a lot to me back then so I'm def in a better position to spend a little more now a days.

I feel a lot like you my friend. I got me a set of ceramic customs when the Paulson home sets were just too rich for me at the time. Also got me one of those Chiptalk table toppers (miss that thing - ruined in home damage)!

Now I have returned with renewed vigor! Ready to seek out the cash set I always wanted. I’m sad I missed the opportunity to get some truly great stuff. Seems like things come and go in this business quickly. Martini club, the original Nevada Jacks clays, Paulson classics. Sigh…. It is what it is.

Tikki Kings still around though!! LOL

Welcome and my Nevada Jacks get their fare amount of table time, of course it doesn't hurt that I have matching cards. But, just saying there's nothing wrong with what you have, it's a good set of chips!

I feel a lot like you my friend. I got me a set of ceramic customs when the Paulson home sets were just too rich for me at the time. Also got me one of those Chiptalk table toppers (miss that thing - ruined in home damage)!

Now I have returned with renewed vigor! Ready to seek out the cash set I always wanted. I’m sad I missed the opportunity to get some truly great stuff. Seems like things come and go in this business quickly. Martini club, the original Nevada Jacks clays, Paulson classics. Sigh…. It is what it is.

Tikki Kings still around though!! LOL
Yeah pretty close to the same position. I figure I will start with some new ceramics, maybe a custom set. Been browsing around the forum and think sample sets are in order once I can get into those areas and groups.

I never cared for the Tikki Kings.

Welcome and my Nevada Jacks get their fare amount of table time, of course it doesn't hurt that I have matching cards. But, just saying there's nothing wrong with what you have, it's a good set of chips!
Yeah the Nevada Jacks will still see use since that's what I'm starting with.

Welcome from a fellow CT veteran, and a fellow Nevada Jacks user. That was what I built for my first tournament set. It was a big step up for the tournament I ran that was using dice chips. And I still like them. They don't see as much play as my Samurai Palace chips do. And after being here for a couple of years I have started working on my custom chips. Good luck in your journey and enjoy it here. It is a great group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom