New (to me) Gassers (1 Viewer)

SWEATER

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer that when hosting a game, the details matter. As chippers, you guys get that. Hence my quest for quality, comfortable chairs.

I’ve searched Craigslist for months and have yet to find the right chair for my game. That’s why when @Irish posted a link to a number of good condition gassers in Akron, Ohio, my interest was peaked.

While initially I thought it too long of a drive... my obsession (sickness?) won out over reason and common sense. I borrowed a friend’s truck, took the day off work, and started the 4 hour drive from Saginaw, MI to Akron.

27375718-3980-4E5C-A048-EA8D5B3D29C4.jpeg

Lots of farmland:
723090A6-797F-4FA3-BEF3-EB69D958EA2A.jpeg

The Equipment Connection is in a strip mall next to a grocery store. Bill, the owner, buys and sells liquidated restaurant furniture. He’s also a poker player!
B8CEBA77-2223-4911-9CCA-CED9F42074B4.jpeg

Beautiful (to me) gasser goodness. Bill let me dig through the chairs in inventory and pick out the best 10 for my table. Very nice guy.
6A6E81ED-2F8D-4892-B696-76EE15FC0EAB.jpeg

On their way back to Michigan.
C86FE13C-9FB2-45C8-A29B-0A8A779A9AAA.jpeg

Are they old? Sure (October of 1997 manufacture date). Do they need to be cleaned up a bit? Absolutely. But they’re comfortable as hell. And they’re all mine. I’ll post more pics when I get them set up.

8 hour round trip? Now that's dedication.:LOL: :laugh:

'97 is nothing, I have a bunch of gassers from 1987 (picked up from a fancy hotel about 8 years ago). 30 years later, they're still incredibly comfy and sturdy.

8 hour round trip? Now that's dedication.:LOL: :laugh:

'97 is nothing, I have a bunch of gassers from 1987 (picked up from a fancy hotel about 8 years ago). 30 years later, they're still incredibly comfy and sturdy.
These things are built like tanks! I have no doubt they’ll be going strong a decade or two from now.

Also, I *did* get to stop at the Cabelas flagship store in Dundee, so that made the drive a little easier to stomach. :LOL: :laugh:

I’m afraid I don’t have the balls for your game.

It’s good to take a shot once in a while at a bigger game. @detroitdad did just fine at it. If he could have avoided a suck-out or two he would have won a few hundred at least. The players in my game aren’t any better than your group, they are just used to playing for more money. Once you realize that the guy next to is no better, and in many cases a worse player than you, you get more comfortable and can beat the game.

It’s by saying you can’t before you ever even sit at the table that you lose.

It’s good to take a shot once in a while at a bigger game. @detroitdad did just fine at it. If he could have avoided a suck-out or two he would have won a few hundred at least. The players in my game aren’t any better than your group, they are just used to playing for more money. Once you realize that the guy next to is no better, and in many cases a worse player than you, you get more comfortable and can beat the game.

It’s by saying you can’t before you ever even sit at the table that you lose.

right or wrong. I think I was the second best player at the table last week.

right or wrong. I think I was the second best player at the table last week.

I would agree with that statement for sure. I thought you perhaps played a tad too tight as the night went on just because that is what you prepared yourself to do. But you have been playing PLO longer than everyone (but me) and have the post flop experience to get away from trouble hands or put pressure on the field better than you realized before the game.

I would expect the next time you play that you will mix it up a bit more.

I would agree with that statement for sure. I thought you perhaps played a tad too tight as the night went on just because that is what you prepared yourself to do. But you have been playing PLO longer than everyone (but me) and have the post flop experience to get away from trouble hands or put pressure on the field better than you realized before the game.

I would expect the next time you play that you will mix it up a bit more.

Part of the problem was my cards. My PLO and HL hands were mostly shit all night long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom