New to investing (1 Viewer)

Jackypoo

Two Pair
Reaction score
Federal student loans are at 0% interest right now and payments deferred. Paying the loans instead of investing is just leaving money on the table so I just deposited 2k into a Charles Schwab account. Problem is I have no idea what I'm doing. I will do the proper research before I make any moves. But hey I figured PCF is filled with a lot of smart guys and girls so I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has any advice to set me in the right direction. My tentative plan is to invest all the money I would be paying on loans and keep doing that until I am forced to make payments again. At that point I will likely just pay them off in full and hopefully have money left over to keep investing.

I wouldn't put it in the stock market right now if I were you :)

Depends on your plans. Look around there are already threads for Investing for Retirement, Crypto, and Redit

The best investment you can make is in *yourself*. If you can put money into education, whether that would be a degree, a certificate, a designation, or any sort of recognized credential that would get you a higher paying job, then you will get the highest returns for that investment over your working lifetime.

My buddy told me that he has turned his 6k crypto investment into 60k within the last year.

Personally I don't know anything about it.

The best investment you can make is in *yourself*. If you can put money into education, whether that would be a degree, a certificate, a designation, or any sort of recognized credential that would get you a higher paying job, then you will get the highest returns for that investment over your working lifetime.
I'm still net negative on that investment:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

This thread has a more serious "answer" - there is a reading list on post #120 if you're interested in that.

I think that "what should I invest in right now?" is probably the wrong question. Maybe a better question would be: "With my overall financial plan to do xx goal in xx timeframe, how should I approach xx situation" By that point you will probably realize that there are better resources to answer that question than PCF. My guess is that you will find the answer is truly situational and not one-size-fits-all.

This thread has a more serious "answer" - there is a reading list on post #120 if you're interested in that.

I think that "what should I invest in right now?" is probably the wrong question. Maybe a better question would be: "With my overall financial plan to do xx goal in xx timeframe, how should I approach xx situation" By that point you will probably realize that there are better resources to answer that question than PCF. My guess is that you will find the answer is truly situational and not one-size-fits-all.
For sure. I would be wary of anyone with advice to invest x stock. Just figured I would ask to see if anyone has some general advice. At this point I really don't even know where to go to learn enough to make reasonable informed investments. I'll figure it out

For sure. I would be wary of anyone with advice to invest x stock. Just figured I would ask to see if anyone has some general advice. At this point I really don't even know where to go to learn enough to make reasonable informed investments. I'll figure it out

sure I get that! check out the thread for a place to start. there is a TLDR version in the first post too!

Buy a cheap rent house and when you have to resume payments pay them with the rent payments.

Forget all these responsible answers. BTC gonna be worth 100K someday. Get in there now!
1617823305046.jpeg

#BTC can’t fail unless it fails

look into ticker HMBL (web3.0) I’m not your financial advisor please do your own due diligence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom