New to Forum, Custom set ordered and mock ups (1 Viewer)

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
Hello, Its been a while since I was on a chip forum. Was playing lots of cards and dealing games etc over 10 years ago...then had a daughter.....sold my large 2500 piece Paulson Pharaoh set (I know, but I got lots of $ at the time). Anyway I want to have a nice custom set that is unique and kind of fun. So far I have come up with the sloth club chips. The sloth club being an inside family joke of any lazy pub run well with the efficiency of a sloth. I have tried to keep the set simple and within the 1st tier price point for labelled chips except the 25c which is obviously a standard labelled chip.

Ordered thru Custom Poker Chips chips, the pics are from their creation tool.

I on a whim decided it was time to get some nice chips again so started looking up where to get them again, found this forum in the process. Ordered my set now before the posted price increase of the new year.
I went with this versatile breakdown. I want a set that can either serve for cash or also tournaments (even at the same time). The 330 25/100's are so I can have a up to a 4 table tourney with this set with breakdowns of 8/8 of each and whatever 500/1000s. Also ordered +3 chips of each type for breakage and loss over the total below so really 2030 chips.....working on dealer and all in buttons now with the simple art attached. Down the road (though I doubt i'll ever have an actual need) I could add on some more 5's/25's/100's to expand this set out of a larger game easily. I think 4 tables is ambitious enough now where I live there are literal snitch lines where your neighbors can call in to report you as having guests over at your house in excess of whatever these Tyrants called "politicians" have decreed... I am a Nurse and I am very bitter about all this overreaction to a relatively minor illness that even though I have seen positives I have seen no evidence of any illness beyond one of them with a runny nose and the rest 100% fine. So elders may have died but I am beyond believing it after all the steps governments around the world have taken to simply remove rights and freedoms from the people. (soap box rant over)

Now to the chips

SlothClub
0.25​
120​
1​
200​
5​
400​
10​
200​
25​
330​
100​
330​
500​
180​
1000​
160​
5000​
40​
Bounty
40​
2000​
The chips are ordered the dealer and all in button well I am working on finding a producer and getting them to agree to make them.

25c
oq8LkKk.png

UkXY45u.png

gaBEzXe.png

nJQp1nP.png

HvnjG6V.png

UKeOEDC.png

TEmx2HM.png

q7fyYfj.png

fh9K42E.png

bounty
mJZFh4c.png

full set
iyARQ3t.png

All in chip face and rolling edge (tentative)
end9PkA.jpg

P9VLyo0.jpg

Dealer Chip face and rolling edge (tentative) not sure if a horizontal or angled dealer would look better
jlYUh2x.jpg

UEljwcE.jpg

gpJCvJh.jpg

Last edited:
Have you considered having a designer refine the inlay? It looks like it could use some hand-drawn art and a nicer font on it. I’d also say the $10 chip is unnecessary, because it can easily be replaced with two $5 chips, and there’s a $25 chip that can be used for five $5 chips, so there’s no point to add in another chip and make it more confusing when betting.

Have you considered having a designer refine the inlay? It looks like it could use some hand-drawn art and a nicer font on it. I’d also say the $10 chip is unnecessary, because it can easily be replaced with two $5 chips, and there’s a $25 chip that can be used for five $5 chips, so there’s no point to add in another chip and make it more confusing when betting.
The $10 chip is there as a variant for different game types and stakes....also the thought is the $25+ chips could be used in a tourney and the .25-$10 chips used in a cash game without having to crossover chips. Therefore I could just bring out one set or take one set out with me rather than 2 sets.

I thought about the designer option and honestly I like the bare bones simplicity of the label. the font size on the #'s have been fixed up by the chip maker. The idea is simple, easy and lazy like those who belong in a club of sloths lol. Sloth being the more deadly sin, than the animal. The picture of the sloth is actually the same graphic my aunt used on a sign on her house in Costa Rica also the sloth club. Maybe down the road a second edition will be made.

If I was to really go all out with a design I'd really want to make a 7 Deadly Sin set with Sloth, Envy, Pride, Gluttony, Lust, Envy and wrath all with a gothic or tattoo-sexy motif.

Thanks for the review though,

The $10 chip is there as a variant for different game types and stakes....also the thought is the $25+ chips could be used in a tourney and the .25-$10 chips used in a cash game without having to crossover chips. Therefore I could just bring out one set or take one set out with me rather than 2 sets.

I thought about the designer option and honestly I like the bare bones simplicity of the label. the font size on the #'s have been fixed up by the chip maker. The idea is simple, easy and lazy like those who belong in a club of sloths lol. Sloth being the more deadly sin, than the animal. The picture of the sloth is actually the same graphic my aunt used on a sign on her house in Costa Rica also the sloth club. Maybe down the road a second edition will be made.

If I was to really go all out with a design I'd really want to make a 7 Deadly Sin set with Sloth, Envy, Pride, Gluttony, Lust, Envy and wrath all with a gothic or tattoo-sexy motif.

Thanks for the review though,
Generally, the $20 chip is used in low-stakes cash games as a substitute for the $25, not a $10. The $10 chip is still pretty much useless unless you’re playing $5/$10, or your denoms are $0.50, $2, $10, $50.

Looks really nice, love the classy colors!

I agree with @GianThaMan.
If you don’t want crossover, use the $25 and up for tourney anc change the $10 to a $20 for the cash set. I also agree that a designer can make the inlay really stand out for you.

Otherwise, the set and colors looks great.

Absolutely. I’m new here but have already learned that “it’s your set”. Everyone is happy to give feedback or answer questions, but your own set has to be what you want. No criticism is intended.

Revisiting this set I have mock ups for a Secondary Set inspired by the primary/secondary craziness of the HSI chips....I thought, well ya gotta have secondary's so going to order these from our nemesis in the far west or east depending which way ya go....

You will notice a new 5cent and $20 Chip Denomination.... and no new bounty chip in this set. I thought this would be a great complimentary set and the odd denominations could be played interchangeably into the CPC set also on order. Giving me a much larger chip bank than I ever could have afforded otherwise.

This is the CPC set I have on order again.
CPC sloth chips.png

China Clay Secondaries
Sloth Club Secondary-better visual.jpg

When I have the extra cash in a few years and all is well in the world I will order another CPC of the full secondary's to add on to the set as pictured below. Till then the China Clays will suffice as a secondary set.
Secondary Sloth.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom