New to chippin’ (1 Viewer)

Welcome, It's addicting as crack and twice as fun. My advice is go slow at first, it's easy to want everything. Spend some time looking over the old post to see what the prices are before you get too carried away. I found that what I liked yesterday isn't what I'm after today. Also this group has some solid guys who will help you out. Look for the guys who have been around awhile and send them a PM for some advice. Good luck and have fun tmedic12

I’m hoping to find a complete set. Looking for like 1000+ set.
Classifieds seem to go quick or the sets get broken up quick.

I used to have a THC Good Luck Club set… years ago I sold it and regretted it ever since!

I’m hoping to find a complete set. Looking for like 1000+ set.
Classifieds seem to go quick or the sets get broken up quick.

I used to have a THC Good Luck Club set… years ago I sold it and regretted it ever since!
that is how I found my way here as well. I had a nice set of Pharaoh's sold them for other thing but missed having a nice chip set so started down the rabbit hole again. If you had a nice set my advice is do not waste your money on intermediary less expensive sets because the result will be just owning multiple sets. If you want a big set you may want to cross your fingers and wait with your money for the next Chiproom sale. They have had some great stuff and the value is the best around.

that is how I found my way here as well. I had a nice set of Pharaoh's sold them for other thing but missed having a nice chip set so started down the rabbit hole again. If you had a nice set my advice is do not waste your money on intermediary less expensive sets because the result will be just owning multiple sets. If you want a big set you may want to cross your fingers and wait with your money for the next Chiproom sale. They have had some great stuff and the value is the best around.
Solid advise. I have expensive taste. So far the samples I have would work but like you said, I know I’ll end up buying another set if I go mid grade.
I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate this site so when the right deal comes along, I’m ready.
Any advise or help is welcome.

Solid advise. I have expensive taste. So far the samples I have would work but like you said, I know I’ll end up buying another set if I go mid grade.
I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate this site so when the right deal comes along, I’m ready.
Any advise or help is welcome.
honestly if you want a deal you need to log in and refresh at just the right time. I am not kidding when I say good deals will post and be claimed within a minute of posting. If you watch the classified's for a while you can gauge the market on chips you are interested in. They tend to be cheapest when first released to the public...then tend to climb for the most part (some more than others).

Would there be any use in putting an add in the Wanted section hoping someone will sell to me before posting?

Welcome! Are you looking for Cash, Tournament, or both? How many players are you looking to cover? If cash, what are your typical stakes? Need a few more details to help best. I just listed a couple nice affordable sets that might fit the bill, search “Aria” or PM me for details.

Mostly Tourney with some Cash. Usually 2 tables (14-20 ppl)
The set that I had that worked best for me:
5$ x 400
25$ x 400
100$ x 400
500$ x 300

Mostly Tourney with some Cash. Usually 2 tables (14-20 ppl)
The set that I had that worked best for me:
5$ x 400
25$ x 400
100$ x 400
500$ x 300
Curious on what your starting stacks are with this breakdown 20/16/16? Seems odd? Back in the day when we ran t5 based 2k tournies we would do 15/13/11/1. For 20 players even with chip ups (300) T5 (300) T25 (300) T100 (200) T500 would cover it, or are your rebuys also including T5 chips? Even if they go cray cray with rebuys, I would continue up with higher denoms to cover everything by adding a rack of T1ks which would cover a full round of rebuys plus rounding up for chip ups.

I believe the "Good Luck Clubs" were RHC not THC, I have a sample of the RHC version anyways. A THC breakdown in these quantities would be very costly with today's prices.

Good Luck woth the hunt and welcome to the forum!

I only had a 300 chip set of the Good Luck Clubs… was a long time ago but they were amazing!
I really prefer to have more chips on the table rather than fewer chips at higher denoms.
We also us them for low limit cash games where the 25s are quarters etc… Usually, we do a single rebuy or freeze out.
I really think I’ll end up with a CPC set, or something that is easy to expand when I need.
After that, I’ll start to collect the chips I want that may or may not be used to play with.

Hi and welcome...I´ve looked at the CPC sets and spent endless Time creating some myself, but I always went back to Paulson.
I can definitely say...wait for the right set. I`ve wanted a set, and bought one in a short period of time.
Don`t get me wrong, its a nice Paulson set, bit I ultimately wanted a set with really nice and bright colors.

Here is my biggest Problem, I don`t always have the time to check PCF and the sets get sold really really quickly, or brocken up.
I will probably post a wanted ad for a specific set. Everybody here is really really helpfull

Cheers

I only had a 300 chip set of the Good Luck Clubs… was a long time ago but they were amazing!
I really prefer to have more chips on the table rather than fewer chips at higher denoms.
We also us them for low limit cash games where the 25s are quarters etc… Usually, we do a single rebuy or freeze out.
I really think I’ll end up with a CPC set, or something that is easy to expand when I need.
After that, I’ll start to collect the chips I want that may or may not be used to play with.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/life-is-grand.89232/
there is a sale coming soon.... big barrels of chips on the way. Scuttle butt is that its the Indiana Grand primary and possibly secondary, etc

Hi and welcome...I´ve looked at the CPC sets and spent endless Time creating some myself, but I always went back to Paulson.
I can definitely say...wait for the right set. I`ve wanted a set, and bought one in a short period of time.
Don`t get me wrong, its a nice Paulson set, bit I ultimately wanted a set with really nice and bright colors.

Cheers
Here is my biggest Problem, I don`t always have the time to check PCF and the sets get sold really really quickly, or broken up.

I will probably post a wanted ad for a specific set. Everybody here is really really helpful

I’m patient… till I’m not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom