New! The San Marcos Card House (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just about to open, the San Marcos Card House. Within walking distance of my house, well back when I could walk . . . . Err two minutes drive from my house, well back when I could drive . . . Let's just say it is as close as possible for a retail venue to open. Very close to the San Marcos Outlet malls.

I can't tell if they are open yet or not. Or if open, are there any players yet. No idea about the price structure, the chips, the tables etc.. All I can see is a really cheap sign in an abandoned church. No web site, which I take to be a bad sign.

They promote hold'em only, $1/$1, $1/$2, $1/$2/$5. This surely will adapt to the needs of the players.

More information later, but it would be a really nice arrangement to play so close.

Hope they make it! -=- DrStrange

Hopefully you get some nice chips like these to play there Scott
Screenshot_20211025-181043_eBay.jpg

If you can harvest some card molds for $1 a chip and get $13 out of them on Feebay, I say you are doing pretty damn good! Lmao

I hope they go with better than that!

Best I can tell, this place was dead before it opened. Maybe they ran into legal problems? Maybe the owners were totally undercapitalized? But for what ever reason, I doubt they had a single table running more than a few hours over the last three months.

Kind of sad, but also a warning. Poker rooms are full of financial risks not just the legal risks. You need hundreds of thousands of dollars in reserves to properly try and make a poker room work. Expect to lose money for an extended period of time. You will be paying rent, utilities, wages, likely have a stable of prop players to get the games running, amenities etc. Without enough money, you will never get to test the business. No promises you will become successful even with enough funding just that you will surely lose without enough capital.

So sad -=- DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom