New The Clubhouse solids cash set (1 Viewer)

i'm nobody

Flush
Reaction score
I have been working on this set for about 8 - 10 months now. Maybe more trying to get the right colour chips in my hands before finalizing the replacement label design. The line up will be:
Peach - $.25
Light Grey - $.50
Lilac - $1.00
Charcoal - $5.00
Light Blue - $10.00

And at some point in the future I would like to add some pink $2.00 chips into the mix. I know there are lots of denominations that will be at play at one time. For my friends and I we do like the look of multiple colours on the felt. And I do have a custom set coming from CPC but whenever they are completed, they will get shipped to friends in northern WA state. No idea of when they will be ready mostly because I will be pining for them if they are only 10 hours away and I don't have access. This way we can use the cash set as a semi replacement tourney set until I can head south and bring my tournament set home.

There was lots of buying, selling, trading of chips before I was able to final decide on the colours of chips I wanted and then the hard part started. Working on a proper label. I am very fortunate that I get to live in a mid century modern home that has a dedicated bar/party room. A clubhouse if you will and I am usually the guy who hosts most of our games. The theme I wanted to go with was based on a older Vegas look that kind of matches some of the aspects of our house. Stacey, my wife is great with colour and design and has been able to help enliven our house with a groovy mid mod feel. Not only with colours but with small touches here and there and that design shows up with these new replacement labels. I will be contacting @Gear this week with my final breakdown and will be looking forward to seeing a delivery from him when ever time allows.

I wanted to show both a shite base for the inlay and the coloured bases just as a comparison as to how different the chips could look going either way. However I will be going with the individually coloured bases as I think it is a much more vibrant look. I have included a basic pic of the chips themselves as well as the final inlay design. Please enjoy and I always appreciate the feedback and comments. Enjoy your Sunday. Please note their is a space where the pink stack should be.
20210423_232951_resized.jpg
clubhouse May 1 Final.jpg

Very cool set! The non-standard colours are great choices!! And those inlays... amazing.

Some minor changes to the design. I got rid of the "On Hardisty Dr" note, increased the size of the text and the starbursts.
And then my lovely wife in all of her wisdom thought she would do the labels up with black back grounds. It really got me thinking about changing from the individual colours to consistent colours as @allforcharity suggested. I am going to stay with individual colours for this cash set. If I ever put together a tournament set I would probably go with black backgrounds.
Plus I have another idea in mind that would require a black ground and lots of silver lettering but that project is many, many months away.
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.
clubhouse May 7.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom