New Series for 2020 - ideas (1 Viewer)

pokersepp

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to design new chips for 2020.
I am going to do two new design.

One is called Royal Cardroom.
This is the first mockup. There we will change the crown to be on the O of the crown and also the ornaments net to the number needs some improvement.

Royal Cardroom (3).jpg

This is the mold:
Gamblers Paradies (1).jpg

The second chip mold will be this (the old mold from James Bond): Inlay diameter 22,55mm
All colors can be fully customized. At the moment I am looking for some ideas of the theme. The chips will go on wholsale market so it should be something neutral.
The chip will have a golden glitter ring around the inlay and I also want to have a glitter logo. Denoms will be from 0.50 to 5000.
If you have ideas about a theme, a cool name - please drop it here. If I gonna pick up an idea the one will get a free set.

At the moment I have ideas : Golden Eagle with a glitter Eagle in the middle. A crown is also always working, so maybe a glittering golden crown and name the design like Golden Crown Poker

Please feel free to post your ideas. Thanks.

This is a foto of a glitter ring sticker on the mold (sticker is a bit too big, but just to get an idea how it will look like). The glitter ring will be possible in silver, gold, red and green.
glitter ring.jpg

Chip A.jpg

3a611646-c8dd-4478-aec9-2984363924d4.jpg

Glitter Ring like this:
1575709286822.png

Last edited:
these are mockups I found here and like the style

p5.jpg

Silver Eagle Combined Set.png

No offense but glitter rings scream cheap in my mind. If you go forward with this design in my opinion you will sell very few if any sets here. This will be something you are competing against the Monte Carlo chip that is established, which are found in Amazon, eBay, and outlet poker online stores. Maybe run a poll or get a handful of designs you like and ask for feedback.

Trying to save you time and money not be mean here.

Thanks for your answer and opinion.
For me here in Europe glitter rings stand for high quality chips like Matsui, but it is always good to hear other views as well.
Matsui for example charges 15 Cents extra per Chip for glitter

Last edited:
T als for your answer and opinion.
For me here in Europe glitter rings stand for high quality chips like Matsui, but it is always good to hear other views as well.
Matsui for example charges 15 Cents extra per Chip for glitter
Right because it's a added material that cost them money. So from a business stand point it has to be added value. But looking at it from a chip community who looks at the creme of the crop, Vegas Paulsons you can't find that.

No offense but glitter rings scream cheap in my mind. If you go forward with this design in my opinion you will sell very few if any sets here. This will be something you are competing against the Monte Carlo chip that is established, which are found in Amazon, eBay, and outlet poker online stores. Maybe run a poll or get a handful of designs you like and ask for feedback.

Trying to save you time and money not be mean here.
Plus after a serious of use the glitter seems to come off the inlay and fade away

Anyway, does someone have some ideas for the inlay and theme?

Maybe you don’t care, but “Royal Card Room” is already being used on the Apache China clays.
thanks, but american market does not influence me, so I don't care. By the way I had this chipname already in 2007 with a series and I think there are 10 more in the market with names like this.

thanks, but american market does not influence me, so I don't care. By the way I had this chipname already in 2007 with a series and I think there are 10 more in the market with names like this.

If the chips you create are desirable, then the US market will want some. Seems like a missed opportunity but I'm not sure how well other European chip manufacturers do in the US market. I believe there's a current group buy interest thread for chips that are made in Italy.

Regarding the generic name "Royal Card Room", having a unique name will result better internet search results. If I named my hamburger company "McDonalds Hamburgers" people looking for my product on the internet will find my someone else's already established brand instead of mine. I think that something unique would make your product stand out.

The thread was about ideas from the community. So if you want to contribute something please let me know

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom