New Project 43mm chips??? (2 Viewers)

Apache

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I was watching the WSOP last night and saw they were using 43mm chips. Now that they are on TV and because of all the Horseshoe chips I might come out with a China Clay 43mm set.

This project is at least one year down the road but I would like some feedback. I am sure most of you guys have been shuffling your stacks of Horseshoe chips. I have and that size does feel nice.

Could be an all new mold. Maybe even a retro Horseshoe mold?

I was watching the WSOP last night and saw they were using 43mm chips. Now that they are on TV and because of all the Horseshoe chips I might come out with a China Clay 43mm set.

This project is at least one year down the road but I would like some feedback. I am sure most of you guys have been shuffling your stacks of Horseshoe chips. I have and that size does feel nice.

You had me at 43mm, you really got me at retro Horseshoe mold

I was watching WSOP thinking I wish I had more 43mm chips. I like this project already.

^ Correct. Both the 500K and new 1M chips are on the 50mm no-mold. Everything else is 39mm RHC.

I like 43mm chips for higher denominations (and that obviously means different things to different people - in my cash set, it's the $20's)
But personally, I wouldn't be any more attracted to a set that was all 43's than one that was all 39's.

I like 43mm chips for higher denominations (and that obviously means different things to different people - in my cash set, it's the $20's)
But personally, I wouldn't be any more attracted to a set that was all 43's than one that was all 39's.

agreed it is the difference in the big denoms that makes it special to me.

I have 46mm bounty chips and they feel great.

I love the idea of the higest one or two denoms of a given set being oversized. Definitely a fan of this idea and it would make China clays much more appealing if this was an option.

I like the oversize chips, I have my $20's on the 44mm... I wouldn't mind seeing a tourney set on 43mm and/or larger..

I think it would be cool to have a $5M denomination to go with the CPS chips. The 50mm would be sexy!

I jumped on the 43mm Boardwalk GB made from Sun-fly hybrid ceramics. Will probably have them in hand over the next 8 weeks or so. Love the idea of a CC set with 39, 43 and maybe even a 50mm chip! Will be watching this project with great interest!

I run a 1/2 game. We use different sets. One of them has 43mm hundreds. The players LOVE them. I switch out sets monthly, and they all complained last night about not having the 43mm chips. I bought 43mm high denoms for the boardwalk set for this very reason. If I could duplicate that across all my sets, I would.

They are awesome, but I agree with most that what makes them unique is they are only used for higher denominations. I wouldn't care for anything under 500 to be 43mm. JMO.

I have played with a few all-43mm tourney sets, and it's a nice change of pace.

It would be awesome to start a new China Clay set that feels similar to the Desert Palms, and uses dual sizing: standard 39mm ($1, $5, $25, $100, $500) and 50mm for the bigger than 1K chip denominations (1K, 5K, 10K, 25K, 100K and 1M).

More choices with neat designs and options among affordable China clays? All-in.

Josh mentions a retro horseshoe mold and I can see the virtual heads nodding in approval. I did a search in google and have a guess but I don't want to pollute the thread with bad info so can someone enlighten me as to what a retro horseshoe mold is?

thx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom