New poker table (1 Viewer)

BHK25

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’m about to order a poker table and want to make sure I have my ducks in a row first. I coach basketball and my idea so far has been to somehow use the floor design as my felt. The design is attached below. As far as table features go here’s what I’ve got.

8 feet in length oval shaped

Integrated betting line if we can find a way

1" Raised rail
Pedestal-style table supports for legroom clearance

5" to 6" wide rail

LED Lighting w/ rechargeable battery

Any suggestions? As far as felt design goes. Or features.

Attachments

• DEA1C38C-672A-4FB1-AE29-EB49DD2F0DA7.jpeg
    DEA1C38C-672A-4FB1-AE29-EB49DD2F0DA7.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 122
For the felt design, I would use the wood background and team logo you have there in the middle and remove all the other court markings (foul line, 3 point line, etc). Then make add a red line just thick enough to legibly incorporate "TIGERS" printed inside a few times as the betting line around the oval. You want to keep the cloth relatively simple and clean, if there's too much going on it'll get distracting.

The trick is to incorporate an oval shape into it. Maybe incorporate the arena into the look and design. Couldn't find a top down, but this is kind of what I'm thinking.

1658343519496.png

For the felt design, I would use the wood background and team logo you have there in the middle and remove all the other court markings (foul line, 3 point line, etc). Then make add a red line just thick enough to legibly incorporate "TIGERS" printed inside a few times as the betting line around the oval. You want to keep the cloth relatively simple and clean, if there's too much going on it'll get distracting.
I suck at picturing things in my head. I may have to sketch that out!

Instead of one full court, have you thought about two half courts? (Both courts shooting towards the middle of the table)

That way the 3 point lines of each court can become the book ends of the betting line that runs the full oval. Forget about the out of bounds lines, keep all the free throw & lane position markings

Thoughts on this draft? What changes should I make. Prolly changing the lane from white back to wood. Also thought about removing the HC circle. And only doing 1 tiger logo.

Attachments

• F98A561D-30CE-4051-B501-8AC84681F125.jpeg
    F98A561D-30CE-4051-B501-8AC84681F125.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 84
Thoughts on this draft? What changes should I make. Prolly changing the lane from white back to wood. Also thought about removing the HC circle. And only doing 1 tiger logo.
Yes make those exact changes…and maybe double the thickness of the baselines…would look more authentic and there seems to be room.

I like it a lot more now…but maybe put the betting line back…and maybe make the baselines of the court where it says ‘Tigers’ twice as wide. Where the goals would sit.

I’m making the baseline twice as thick. Anything else? Still have a betting line

just catching this thread….. one thing to think about is the light color of the felt. It’s going to get dirty pretty fast. Remember, poker players are dirty squirrels, especially in their zones. Maybe a darker outer ring? For my table, I had a lighter outer ring, which looks awesome but I am changing it out for a darker outer ring. Just a thought.
B5672011-079F-48DE-86DF-6D68FC339E8C.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom