New player tribute design in the works. Need some help with a name. Please :) (3 Viewers)

Hey Hey!!!! Well we have the remainder of the characters that I will be offering....

You all know this fella....

ivey.jpg

I will post more shortly.. Don't want to show them all off tooo quick..... ;)

Hey hey hey. So we have I think all the characters done and a preliminary layout and design of the chips. Time for feedback, suggestions, how can we make this a group buy and easy to order with Tina, etc. I’m up for suggestions everyone :). I think for sure I will be getting myself out on either a frac or special chip so I don’t ruin it for everyone.

Let the fun begin!!!!!

C0075894-4FE9-4313-B2F6-54E7E33E1F78.png

Sorry if I am being a major pest. Just say the word, and I will go away. Honestly, I'm just trying to help. But can you explain again how you are putting the faces on the chips? Are you using the Tina hybrid chips that have a recessed center? Because if you put a sticker on a flat no mold chip, the chips won't stack.

The hybrid chips are cool, and definitely give you a much better looking inlay area when you have cool, detailed artwork like you do here. But I think you would want them to do the complete assembly of the chip at the production facility, rather than mixing and matching center art after they arrive stateside. I didn't think that was even an option.

Sorry if I am being a major pest. Just say the word, and I will go away. Honestly, I'm just trying to help. But can you explain again how you are putting the faces on the chips? Are you using the Tina hybrid chips that have a recessed center? Because if you put a sticker on a flat no mold chip, the chips won't stack.

The hybrid chips are cool, and definitely give you a much better looking inlay area when you have cool, detailed artwork like you do here. But I think you would want them to do the complete assembly of the chip at the production facility, rather than mixing and matching center art after they arrive stateside. I didn't think that was even an option.
Everything is going to be done at Tina’s end. I want to have ceramic done so they are flat. No recess in the middle. I think we can do that no? This is where I am reaching out to everyone here for options. :)

Here is why I'm confused still. I posted this to you a day or so ago.
Just putting this out there. You can obviously do this however you want to, but allowing participants total freedom to put any denomination on any character is going to be a major PITA to you, and to the maker of the chips. More power to you if you are okay with tackling that, but as someone who has run a couple of large GBs myself, it sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. I'll be genuinely impressed if everything gets ordered, made and delivered correctly...
And you responded:
No no. Not that. We will have say 8 Chips done and they will have the denom and colours already finished. All you can do is put the character of your choice in the centre. Maybe someone wants Hellmuth on 100 instead of the 500.

Since I've run a GB with Tina, I know what she expects. For each unique chip that you want her to make, she needs the complete artwork. The outside part with the colors and the denomination, AND the inside "inlay" artwork with the poker star's face.

This is why I was saying if you give the participants total freedom to put any face on any denomination, you are going to have dozens of different unique combinations. And you will have to give Tina the artwork for each and every one of them. You'll have to track the orders for each one. You'll have to sort through and be sure that she printed every one correctly. And then you'll have to get the correct chips to the correct buyer.

Do you not see how this will be a major PITA and will have the potential to be a complete disaster?

That is why I suggested that YOU decide which characters go on which denomination, and if you want there to be a little variety, then maybe you give two character options for each denomination. Either that, or put up several options and have the buyers vote on which face they want on each denom. Majority wins. Or maybe you do both first and second option. But somehow you have got to limit the total number of combinations.

Also, I believe Tina has minimums for each unique design. It's been a while, and my numbers for each design were huge, so that wasn't a concern to me. But it would be in the case of this set. So you'll need to ask her if there is a minimum number for each unique combination to be printed.

Here is why I'm confused still. I posted this to you a day or so ago.

And you responded:

Since I've run a GB with Tina, I know what she expects. For each unique chip that you want her to make, she needs the complete artwork. The outside part with the colors and the denomination, AND the inside "inlay" artwork with the poker star's face.

This is why I was saying if you give the participants total freedom to put any face on any denomination, you are going to have dozens of different unique combinations. And you will have to give Tina the artwork for each and every one of them. You'll have to track the orders for each one. You'll have to sort through and be sure that she printed every one correctly. And then you'll have to get the correct chips to the correct buyer.

Do you not see how this will be a major PITA and will have the potential to be a complete disaster?

That is why I suggested that YOU decide which characters go on which denomination, and if you want there to be a little variety, then maybe you give two character options for each denomination. Either that, or put up several options and have the buyers vote on which face they want on each denom. Majority wins. Or maybe you do both first and second option. But somehow you have got to limit the total number of combinations.

Also, I believe Tina has minimums for each unique design. It's been a while, and my numbers for each design were huge, so that wasn't a concern to me. But it would be in the case of this set. So you'll need to ask her if there is a minimum number for each unique combination to be printed.

I see what you mean. Sorry for not understanding. I get ya now. So I like the idea of creating a chipset that will be voted on for who on what denom. That is a good idea. I hope everyone is on board with this? How do you think we should start this? For sure I don’t think my face needs to be on something that will make everyone need to get, thats why I was thinking I would put me on a frac or ?????

So we need to come up with the denoms and the character to belong to that denom.
@ TX_Golf_N_Poker can you help me with organizing this? Thanks again and sorry for being such a newbie.

Chan and Scotty came out great!
Ivey isn’t completely bald but has a pretty noticeable receding hairline that I would think would make his better.

Gus Hansen
Mike the mouth
Moneymaker
Sammy Farha w a cig in his mouth would be cool
Fossilman would make for a great picture w his lizard glasses but he’s not as legendary as the above players.

Awesome idea and very cool. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

My opinion, ymmv:

A set entitled "Legends of the Felt" should contain actual poker legends. Tilly and Rousso simply don't meet the requirements (Tilly is a celebrity clown ffs).

If wanting a gender balance, consider Vanessa Selbst, Kathy Liebert, or Barbara Enright (clearly the all-time top three women in poker), or maybe Maria Ho, Isabelle Mercier, or Liv Boeree if looking for top play / eye candy combos.

Regarding the naming convention, I think you can mix first/last/nick names, so long as whichever is chosen is clearly recognizable -- Doyle, Ivy, Helmuth, Chan, Scottie, DNegs, Poker Brat -- that is a sample mix of each type, and all are unmistakable as to who is being referenced.

Lastly, I'd like to put in votes for Erik Seidel, Stu Unger, and Chip Reese as true legends.

Chan and Scotty came out great!
Ivey isn’t completely bald but has a pretty noticeable receding hairline that I would think would make his better.

Gus Hansen
Mike the mouth
Moneymaker
Sammy Farha w a cig in his mouth would be cool
Fossilman would make for a great picture w his lizard glasses but he’s not as legendary as the above players.

Awesome idea and very cool. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
Ayo, Sammy belongs there. High Stakes poker, plus he's the Bond villain in Moneymakers story, an absolute caricature of how people picture cardplayers.

Tilly is a celebrity clown ffs)
She was. But she’s been in the game for a couple of decades, playing the biggest televised games at the highest stakes, and she’s got a bracelet. You don’t have to like her or respect her game, and everybody’s entitled to their own criteria, but I think she qualifies.

She was. But she’s been in the game for a couple of decades, playing the biggest televised games at the highest stakes, and she’s got a bracelet. You don’t have to like her or respect her game, and everybody’s entitled to their own criteria, but I think she qualifies.
I'm broken, I can't read or say qualifies without thinking of Tony G.

My opinion, ymmv:

A set entitled "Legends of the Felt" should contain actual poker legends. Tilly and Rousso simply don't meet the requirements (Tilly is a celebrity clown ffs).

If wanting a gender balance, consider Vanessa Selbst, Kathy Liebert, or Barbara Enright (clearly the all-time top three women in poker), or maybe Maria Ho, Isabelle Mercier, or Liv Boeree if looking for top play / eye candy combos.

Regarding the naming convention, I think you can mix first/last/nick names, so long as whichever is chosen is clearly recognizable -- Doyle, Ivy, Helmuth, Chan, Scottie, DNegs, Poker Brat -- that is a sample mix of each type, and all are unmistakable as to who is being referenced.

Lastly, I'd like to put in votes for Erik Seidel, Stu Unger, and Chip Reese as true legends.
Kathy Liebert has a ton of tournament cashes, holy crap!
Antonio Esfandiari has a boat load as well and might be worthy of a spot and for sure Eric Seidel is one of the greats and would make for a goofy looking caricature.

Kathy Liebert has a ton of tournament cashes, holy crap!
Antonio Esfandiari has a boat load as well and might be worthy of a spot and for sure Eric Seidel is one of the greats and would make for a goofy looking caricature.
In my opinion, Seidel deserves GOAT votes after Doyle, Ivey, and Daniel. He flies so far under the radar it isn’t even funny. The only reason he’s still ahead of the new generation high roller GTO wizards on the all time cash list is because he’s still in there, mixing it up with them and winning. He’s probably won like $10 million in just the last 3-4 years. And he’s really the only guy of his generation you can say that about. Daniel’s doing it too, but Seidel is about 15 years older than Daniel.
C23E984C-B32F-407D-9B59-6D816C39B1BE.jpeg

Well next draft for layout. Looking really good :). Getting closer to final design and will be ready for order to Tina :). Can’t wait.

1D9FA41F-0B9C-4632-B61F-407BC0A7E75C.png

Sorry, I can’t help but share an opinion here. A love Vanessa and I crush on her. But seeing her right in the middle this lineup it seems very clear that she has no absolutely no place with those other names.

Sorry, I can’t help but share an opinion here. A love Vanessa and I crush on her. But seeing her right in the middle this lineup it seems very clear that she has no absolutely no place with those other names.
Hahahahha. Thanks. Maybe we can take her out. Or move her to a denom that may not be needed all the time? I’m game for switching up the players with the different denominations to make it a clean and nice set. Again we are still in design stage :)

Hahahahha. Thanks. Maybe we can take her out. Or move her to a denom that may not be needed all the time? I’m game for switching up the players with the different denominations to make it a clean and nice set. Again we are still in design stage :)
Some of us like micro stakes sets. Since she's a lesser player, how about putting her on a nickel? Do another pink based chip since the two ladies would never be in play at the same time. Another option is that some people prefer a $20 over the $25 in their cash sets.

I also like the idea of color matching Daniel's glasses with the chip. How about having two ones, a Cali blue with glasses and a white without?

I like Brunson, Scotty and Helmuth on the $5, $25, and $100.

Have you considered the suggestion to add Eric Seidel? I think you should. He defintely deserves a spot. Maybe he could replace Rousso on the $500?

Some of us like micro stakes sets. Since she's a lesser player, how about putting her on a nickel? Do another pink based chip since the two ladies would never be in play at the same time. Another option is that some people prefer a $20 over the $25 in their cash sets.

I also like the idea of color matching Daniel's glasses with the chip. How about having two ones, a Cali blue with glasses and a white without?

I like Brunson, Scotty and Helmuth on the $5, $25, and $100.

Have you considered the suggestion to add Eric Seidel? I think you should. He defintely deserves a spot. Maybe he could replace Rousso on the $500?

Thanks for the feedback. I think all that is doable :). Will do up Eric I think as well but that’s gonna have to be the limit as it costs me $$$$ for every character I get done :) but I agree that Eric can be added.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom