New Pedestal Legs build (1 Viewer)

CHP TD

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a few tall players at my home game who like to "stretch out". so it was time to do something about it. So i built this. i didn't like it. i might use it for a mates table one day.

i keep an eye on Gumtree (same as Craigslist)) for free furniture for builds like this. I got a table with these legs. I painted them black.

I found these chairs at the recycling plce a few weeks later smashed them up and kept the brass bits and the legs.

And assembled this.

After a lick of paint i added a some half round to the bottom plank, a lower foot excluder, Lights but it was still a bit dull

So i found these

and with paint which was under coat black base coat, texture coat gold then a dusting of black they now look like weathered brass. and a highlight line and Ta Dah!

Not much to do now, but there might be some embellishments to come.

And lastly it was Stupid Hot when i did all this...

Part 2

Heres the hard part - changing the legs...

so we bash the crap out of it!

Then add the bottom rail both screwed and glued.

And that's where I'm up to.

What's the finished height going to be?

Great question

but i dont have a great answer. I never measured the height old table. It was a bit higher than i liked before but its exactly 1 cm lower than old height.

Ill take that question on notice and once its together ill let you know.

Great question

but i dont have a great answer. I never measured the height old table. It was a bit higher than i liked before but its exactly 1 cm lower than old height.

Ill take that question on notice and once its together ill let you know.

Shoot for 29"

i put it together and tested the stability. If you lent on it you could move it about an inch. Nope thats way too much for me so added more stability. sorry the pickie is terrible

then i put it back together. Fixed i can sow put my full weight on the side and it hardly moves at all!

now i have to assemble the table, connect the lights and.... well... that's pretty much it... for the moment anyway... there are plans in my head to add a diffuser to the lights. but i need a little rest before that.

i have a game this afternoon (yay) so it probably wont be finished till tomorrow evening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom