New Paulson Chip Rack Supplier (2 Viewers)

View attachment 70366 View attachment 70367 View attachment 70368

Side by side comparison Unique vs. Paulson. I did notice that the Rack 4200 does not have notches on the undersides so when stacked the bottom of the rack is quite a bit wider than the chips underneath. This is good in that you will be less likely to damage the sharp edges of the underlying chips but bad in that your stacks of racks will be less stable.

I see you have an older paul-son rack there. I have a few of those too. The older ones do have the extra tabs on the inside of the 2nd and 4th barrel, which do help stabilize the racks when stacked. Some like, others hate for the reasons you mentioned. I kinda like the older paulson racks myself...seem to be a bit more beefier imo. The current rack that is branded paulson is marked 24010, which is identical to the unique 4200 rack.

Last edited:
When I talked to Bob and ordered some racks he told me that they actually manufacture Paulson's chip racks and stamp them Paulson but they are exactly the same and come from the same mold. Mine should arrive Friday.

Oh wow, didn't realize they were the actual manufacturer of paulsons racks. Good info! I wonder if they are made here or overseas.

I have a few Paulson racks. Some are marked with 1s and some have 2s. I'm not sure the significance. Maybe which mold was used? The racks with the 1s seem to be made with a material that is more clear.

IMG_20161214_105122.jpg

rack1.jpg
rack2.jpg
I have a few Paulson racks. Some are marked with 1s and some have 2s. I'm not sure the significance. Maybe which mold was used? The racks with the 1s seem to be made with a material that is clearer.

View attachment 70458

@Tommy,
Not sure what those numbers are either. The unique racks have those same numbers stamped on them. Sorry about the picture quality...hard to get those numbers to show up.

Last edited:
The racks with the 1s seem to be made with a material that is clearer.
I have Chipco (PGI) racks that vary by clarity, also. Some are extremely clear, others have a gray tint (which is really only noticeable when next to a clear rack). Different batches, I presume (ordered by me at different times), but they do have the same dimensions..

I have a few Paulson racks. Some are marked with 1s and some have 2s. I'm not sure the significance. Maybe which mold was used? The racks with the 1s seem to be made with a material that is clearer.

Typically coding like that on molds is purely the mold number. It helps track issues when parts come in out of spec... then you know which mold is failing. In some molds, you will see date coding serialization built into the mold. All for QA tracking.

Thanks for posting all of this info. I'm going to order some rack tomorrow.

Now that you guys have these racks, any comparison to the "Chipco" racks that Apache sells? Same dimensions?

So at this point, fit, finish, etc. is subjective to how new your chips are and brand and all that...

Kathy at Unique said to tell all of my friends to give them a call.
Nice way for them to round out the quarter and year... They're probably telling themselves "boy I had no idea these types of people existed but I'm sure glad they do!" I've given the particulars to someone who was desperate for Christmas present ideas for me because I'm notoriously tough to shop for. Hopefully there's 30-40 with my name on them somewhere. If not I'll be calling before the new year to order a case for myself. :D

@Tommy ... can this be stickied? There is some awesome info in here... and a new direct line to the maker of Paul-son racks.

I'd hate for this thread to get lost in the mix!!

Dave,
Did you get any sort of a discount for placing such a large order?

No. However considering that I was willing to pay $10 per rack for "borrowed" Paulson racks I feel like at $3.50 per rack I'm coming out way ahead.

I'm sure Chipco racks fit Chipco chips perfect, but so do these(y) :thumbsup: I know you can get the real chipco branded racks cheaper from Joe at PGI, but just wanted to throw this out there for reference. Here are some pics of my World Championship Poker Chipco's in the Unique 4200 rack.
103_1483.JPG
103_1481.JPG
103_1485.JPG
103_1486.JPG

I've been looking for Paulson racks for a while, and I'm glad I came upon this thread. Can someone please let me know if there is a difference between the ones being discussed and the ones on Amazon that say they fit Paulson's?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R8GZAC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2NUJ8RAZ0G3U1

Thanks for the info.

Andy

Don't know much about those Amazon racks or who makes them, but in the description it says they are 67.7mm. The Unique 4200 rack is 66.7mm. So from the looks of it, yes these racks are different. The Unique rack will fit MINT Paulson chips pefect.

Thanks for the info, Just talked to Kathy and I'm going to go pick up some today.

unfortunately they don't stock the 43mm racks, I wanted to see how well they fit the Paulson 43mm chips

Thanks for the info, Just talked to Kathy and I'm going to go pick up some today.

unfortunately they don't stock the 43mm racks, I wanted to see how well they fit the Paulson 43mm chips
Ask them how to get their 43mm racks when you go, I would be interested in trying some out. Thanks

43mm racks they don't stock, so you would need to place an order with them which they would need to order.

I asked Bob, how well do they fit the Paulson 43mm chips?
His answer was a little Vague, "no one ever complained"

I ordered 10 racks today. I asked if he could ship another method that was cheaper and he said no, they have a deal with UPS.

I live in Las Vegas and was lucky enough to be able to pick them up directly.
I was messing around with some options of being able to ship these out.
I'm not sure if people who order with shipping was charged tax, but I was and it brought the price to 3.78 per a Rack

Small Flat Rate Padded Envelope - fits 2 maybe 4 - 6.80 to ship
Medium Flat Rate Box - fits 16 - 13.45 to ship
Large Flat Rate Box - fits 25 - 18.75 to ship

Someone mention they paid 95$ for 20 racks shipped
If I was to buy and Ship out 20 racks, it would save you a few dollars at best.

I'm sure with a large order, I would be able to ship at a much better price and save members money.

I live in Las Vegas and was lucky enough to be able to pick them up directly.
I was messing around with some options of being able to ship these out.
For those of us who don't live in Vegas it sounds like the lesson is this: Fly Southwest where you get two bags checked free. Take the absolute minimum you can, hell put your hobo sack in your carry on if possible. Measure the interior dimensions of your suitcase(s) and figure out how many racks you can fit. Call ahead and place an order for that many racks, pick them up and fly home with them. Optionally stop at Spinettis on your way back to the strip to get some things to put in the racks and maybe a couple strips of craps bumpers (another bitch to ship) and speed cloth to use as packing material.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom