New old member (1 Viewer)

harrysallout

Straight
Reaction score
I'm an old member from the CT days but have been on a six year hiatus. Darn kids do that to you when they come along. Kids showed up so I downsized and kept a tourney set of BCC Proteges & a cash set of MGK GCRs. The last GB I participated in was the PCS china clays.

Nice to be back but so much has changed. Love the Paulson sets (Empress Star, Aurora Star & Big Top Poker) but appear to be holy grail sets now. Seems like prices have all gone through the roof these days.

Looking forward to joining a GB soon.

Til the next episode.......

Quick pron shot:
IMG_5746.JPG

IMG_5747.JPG

Things gave definitely changed! The pandemic left many soles bored and looking for new hobbies. The supply vs. Demand was very off kiltered and prices have literally skyrocketed!! With CPC (used to be ASM) being the only compressed clay manufacturer still serving the private market all clay chips have found their selves in very high demand! With the lack of supply from clay chips many have turned to ceramics/hybrid ceramics/high end plastics for their chipping needs.

Nice to see a fellow BCC enthusiasts! Those GCR chips are literally Grail status for me, I only own a sample set but they are amazing. I am only just over two years into the hobby now and have herd the complaints about QC issues that dated back for BCC... but man when they got it right the finished product was amazing.

Like my good buddy @Irish says, hang on to those for dear life!! In just a few short hours you will likely have multiple PMs asking to buy them for big money... there used to be a sense of "trading sets" basically that you can sell a set and buy something else, that has seemed to go out the window at this point. If you turn them loose it doesn't really matter the profits made... the chances for a quality replacement are very slim!

All of that being said, you can still get it done... it just takes more work for a quality set if chips now, what used to cost say $1,500 for a playable set may now be in the $3-$4k range, so I would say know what you want before you take the plunge! Lol

Again welcome back @harrysallout , if there is any way I can be of assistance feel free to reach out anytime!

I do not have that quality of BCCs but my amazing better half @FordPickup92 and I do own a couple!
20201103_163309.jpg

The Mardi Gras V2 tourney set! Just need a custom bounty chip and shes ready for a 40 player T10k Starting Stack game anytime.

Our other BCC set are the micro cash Fan of Cards
20200830_202140.jpg

There are some Paulson version mixed in the nickles and dimes there, but mostly BCC. We also use the same 50mm GCR $20s you have for the top end of the $.05/$.10 set
20210309_161643.jpg

Always hope one day to find more of those monsters but they almost never come up for sale!

No idea where H-town is but consider us interested in making the trip for an opportunity to play those awesome GCR chips!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Last edited:
Yeah, those GCRs are amazing. Welcome!
Welcome back, hang onto that GCR set forever!
Don't listen to these guys, sell the GCR set to me to fund other purchases of newer stuff that is out there :wtf:

Welcome back and have fun! Lots has happened just in the past two years since I joined this hobby.

Welcome back!

Don't ever let those GCRs go! Pretty much irreplaceable.

In terms of chip group buys, the only ones these days seem to be Abiatti and Alibaba ceramics (search cards mold) - polar opposites on the price scale. Alibaba chips are surprisingly nice given the price point.

Welcome back, old chipping friend.

I'm very similar to you. Joined PCF 2014 after the blue board went down, but was busy with babies and raising them so didn't get active again until 2019. Lots of great sets out there, but lots of the great sets from our old days are now hard to acquire. The PNY and NPS sets are the ones I've kept since back then.

There's lots of new offerings to soak up and learn now. The Abbiati chips are great new addition and are the first plastic chip I have really enjoyed.

Welcome back, awsome to see old CT members drop in.... a lot has changed.
Looking at your sets....I can remember you well and even tried to reach out during your hiatus.

I'm willing to pay an absolute premium for 1 rack of your Grand Cardroom $5 chips.
I have been looking high & low for a very long time to make my set playable....

DSC03968.JPG

I have less then 2 barrels of the v2 fivers so 1 rack would make a huge improvement.
Posting in public since I have nothing to hide and been looking for these since forever.

Ps. love BCC's too...also own a Protege tourney set

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom