SOLD New, never used Big Top Poker T25000 barrel with bonus offers! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for all the love and attention this auction has brought me the past 24 hours. I feel like King for a day! I've been thinking about how to sell these for a few months. I'm sure if I had 6 auctions for the 6 racks shown above it would help more people finish their racks or sets but I would really love to give a person a chance to buy a new, 600 chip set. And since the winner of this T25K barrel auction will have all those bounties wouldn't they need a set to go with it?

As far as pricing goes, I know people are pumping the brakes till they find out what the buy price is for the 600. I really didn't expect to have to think about that till this weekend. To price this I've done some market research but the best chips I've seen are "mint", and these are new, never played. Should they cost a little more? If so, what percent more? Is my break down attractive? Ultimately I would love the winner be someone who will give these a good home and get them in play. I don't want to charge rack pricing to discourage resellers. If I wanted to I would have sold them that way. Of course, I can't control what happens after they leave me. What I can do is find a price that will give resellers a moment to pause and reconsider the flip, give me something that will take the sting out if they do and make what many people call a grail set available and hopefully affordable for one lucky chipper.

Here it is, if the winning price for this T25K barrel is $1,000 or higher the winner can buy the set for $7,000. If the winning price is less than $1,000 then the winner can buy the set for $8,000. Either price includes a shipping credit of up to $75 for the shipping method/insurance/carrier of their choosing.

5AB0C85C-9879-48A5-818C-791C3CE4655C.jpeg
C69D51E2-607B-462E-A199-2055DB8C5C91.jpeg
F63BA65E-F9B1-4B5B-9550-5A802C827DFF.jpeg

if it goes for 1k it’s almost worth flying international to Boston to resell them by the rack just to avoid duties on a flip. Can I crash at your place? :whistle: :whistling:

Isn't that exactly what "mint" means? The word in numismatics literally means "new, as when they came from the mint".
Apparently numismaticians adopted a new grading scale though and dropped the term mint.
But even before that when mint meant uncirculated, it might not perfectly correspond to the use of privately held chips as long as the chips were not used in an actual poker game. Chips handled as shuffle stacks could be construed as mint in that sense, and on the original Sheldon scale there were 3 different categories of mint to reflect varying degrees of ware (unrelated to defects in production).

1628198233049.gif

Isn't that exactly what "mint" means? The word in numismatics literally means "new, as when they came from the mint".

Hi Larry! That's a really good question. I'm not involved in that hobby so I can't answer that. To me, if something is new than describe it as new. Mint, in my opinion, means 'really good shape'. It's like a car, if it's mint it's probably in great shape and clean but it could have many miles on it.

Thanks for chiming in, always good to hear from you and hope all is well!

if it goes for 1k it’s almost worth flying international to Boston to resell them by the rack just to avoid duties on a flip. Can I crash at your place? :whistle: :whistling:

Fly in on a Saturday morning, it's an hour and a half to Logan. I'll meet you there and you can fly right back.
Don't forget the Coffee Crisps.

Here it is, if the winning price for this T25K barrel is $1,000 or higher the winner can buy the set for $7,000. If the winning price is less than $1,000 then the winner can buy the set for $8,000. Either price includes a shipping credit of up to $75 for the shipping method/insurance/carrier of their choosing.
I feel like I should be better at math.....

I feel like I should be better at math.....

How does this sound? Your bid of $650 is the current bid. Your post of $1,000 with a question mark lets me know that you're unsure perhaps of the format. No worries. There is still 48 hours left and technically you could still be out bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom