New molding process for Claysmith? (1 Viewer)

jonnytsa

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the group. I just bought some desert heat chips off pokerchipmaina website and something seems different from any metal chip inserts that i've bought before. I have a set of monte carlos and some monico club chips that i use for different purposes. The cast was the same for monte carlos and the monico club, the flaky sharp edged casting leftovers and that plastic feel, the bumps or unevenness of where the color molds come together due to the cheap process of making the chip. And all the pictures and reviews of the desert heat chips seem to portray the same mold. But...... I just got these a few days ago and they seem higher quality. The edges are rounded at both sides, the plastic feels harder and the texture feels better. There is no bottom harsh edge..... it almost seemed like the mold seam was toward the middle of the chip edge since there was still a line that i could feel around the chip that needed to be sanded down but nothing like any other metal insert chip i've had. Is this new? or is Claysmith always had better chips. These chips are so great, so much better than any ive had before. These feel more like nile club ceramics to me..... The edge marks blend seamlessly to the chip, no imperfections. Anyone else have new vs old claysmith chips?

Attachments

• IMG-0177.jpg
    IMG-0177.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 214
Two weeks ago I bought 1,000 Desert Heat chips of various denominations ($5, $25, $100, $500, $1,000). About 55 of the chips have a bump directly at the top of the red palm tree (see attached image). Every roll across all the denominations I purchased had at least 1 of these defects, and the sharp edges jonnytsa described were more prevalent in these defected chips. My major concern is that over time these bumps will work their way through the label.

To help further describe how significant the bumps are; placing a normal chip on top of one of these pregnant chips will wobble.

The good news for me is that the vendor I purchased them through is going to replace the bad ones.

Attachments

• dh-25.jpg
    dh-25.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 83
It appears the bump I described is a manufacturing issue. I purchased a couple of barrels for Claysmith Gaming's Amazon store and found a number of the chips also had that bump.

The folks at chipcave.com made it right by offering to replace each bad chip. They're great folks and I highly recommend them to anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom