New Milano's Tournament Set Review (1 Viewer)

dkersey

Straight
Reaction score
After much deliberation and research, and with consideration of my budget overseer, I decided on Milanos. While I like the Majestics better, I have a table with black felt (SSC), so I decided the lighter inlays of Milanos would be better. I bought a 1K set from a local vendor of new Milanos.

• I was prepared for differences in height, but amazingly they are all very consistent in height.
  • The colors from roll to roll are all the same too.
  • The only issue with color was with the pink $5Ks. I needed 2 rolls for a count of 50. When he put them down in front of me in the cellophane, it was clearly 2 different colors of pink. I could see that through the wrapper and I'm partially color blind. I almost cancelled the whole transaction. The salesman behind the counter said it wasn't a problem because the "$5,000" was clearly visible in both. While true, I knew the standards of this group, so I blew off that statement. I solved this problem by getting 1 roll of the darker (more vibrant) pink roll, and got 1 roll of the orange $10K. Not ideal, but still workable since it is a tourney set.
  • I think about 5-6 of the stickers are loose. None have come off yet. This isn't a big deal for me as I will glue them back on if/when they come off. Not a bad count for 2K stickers.

Since they are new, there is some chalkiness to them so I am in the processing of oiling them (using the https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/oiling-chips-done-right.14343/ technique). I am seeing a big difference. Pics to follow...

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase, and can't wait to get them in play.

You will love them. I used the Milano's as my travel set for years. I just recently switch to the majestic's and I am going to relabel the Milano's as a travel micro cash set.

Good luck!

Congrats!

Milanos are my main set and I've been very satisfied. CC's in general are very cool for the price. I hope they serve you well for many years.... until your next set. ;)

I like the Milanos I have. One word of warning, the orange $10k and pink $5k can be difficult to distinguish from each other. I ended up not using the $10k because of this.

Grant

I like the Milanos I have. One word of warning, the orange $10k and pink $5k can be difficult to distinguish from each other. I ended up not using the $10k because of this.

Grant

Interesting. I would have thought the issue would have been with the $1k and the $10k.

Nice! I have a set of Milano's and really like them! Aside from maybe Majestic's, I don't think there really is a better value out there. They feel and look really nice IMO. I tend to use my Milano's more than my other sets, just because they are cheap and I don't have to worry about any going missing or being damaged by drunk friends or accidents.

I think you're pretty safe against different thicknesses as long as you're buying them all in 1 batch. I really like the Milanos too but I made the mistake of buying them in 3 different batches and got all different height chips. After oiling they're pretty nice. Enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom