New Member! (1 Viewer)

TheShortyWann

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello everyone here at PCF! New member here and found this great place from watching @Hobbyphilic on YT. Been playing poker off and on for about 15 years and finally decided it’s time to grow up and get my own set of chips. I’m hear to soak up as much experience and knowledge as I can before deciding to buy anything. Price is definitely a factor (.60 per is probably the limit) so I believe I’ve narrowed it down some great options: Apache majestics, royals, possibly ceramics if the price is right. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have gotten some samples but still waiting for a few more to come in from Apache. If anyone is selling a nice set let me know! Looking for around 300-500 chips for 5-8 person tournaments. Thanks in advance to everyone!!!

Welcome @TheShortyWann , you are on the righttrack grabbing samples. Honestly folks can give advice... but at the end of the day, we trully all like different chips!

Of the options listed above the Royals were the ones that amazed me! By far ththe best feeling CHina Clay IMO, but some are not fans of 43mm and choose to go with Magestics instead. Again that is all up to you.

There are some folks that prefer Ceramics over clay, but for the most part I find that once you get the feel for Clay... that is typically what you stick with. Generally if find CC to be too light in weight for my taste but the Royals being larger 43mm definitely give them that extra weight many of us crave.

So if one set set is all you are looking for then by all means find what's best for you, many on this forum like a variety of different chips to offer their players a rotation. We have for our tourney sets 36mm Paulson, 39mm Paulson RHC HS x 2, 39mm Paulson THC, BCC HS 39mm, BCC inlay 39mm, Paulson 48mm, sunfly hybrid ceramic 43mm, China ceramic 39mm, amongst others. A nice variety, also consider different chips for different structures say T5 based T2k starting stacks, T25 based 10k SSs, T100 based 40k high roller SSs. Lots of options to think about out there.

Good lu k with your chipping journey sir!

Fellow Chipper Ben

The price is definitely right with Cards Mold chips. Plus there’s the whole comradeship thing as you laugh about misprints in proofs and wish the boat to sail faster. #friendsforlife

Welcome @TheShortyWann , you are on the righttrack grabbing samples. Honestly folks can give advice... but at the end of the day, we trully all like different chips!

Of the options listed above the Royals were the ones that amazed me! By far ththe best feeling CHina Clay IMO, but some are not fans of 43mm and choose to go with Magestics instead. Again that is all up to you.

There are some folks that prefer Ceramics over clay, but for the most part I find that once you get the feel for Clay... that is typically what you stick with. Generally if find CC to be too light in weight for my taste but the Royals being larger 43mm definitely give them that extra weight many of us crave.

So if one set set is all you are looking for then by all means find what's best for you, many on this forum like a variety of different chips to offer their players a rotation. We have for our tourney sets 36mm Paulson, 39mm Paulson RHC HS x 2, 39mm Paulson THC, BCC HS 39mm, BCC inlay 39mm, Paulson 48mm, sunfly hybrid ceramic 43mm, China ceramic 39mm, amongst others. A nice variety, also consider different chips for different structures say T5 based T2k starting stacks, T25 based 10k SSs, T100 based 40k high roller SSs. Lots of options to think about out there.

Good lu k with your chipping journey sir!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Thank you for the reply! I’m waiting for the royal and majestic samples to show up to see how I feel about the size. I was leaning royals because I really like the color options, but must wait until I can get my hands on them. Thanks again for your input!

The price is definitely right with Cards Mold chips. Plus there’s the whole comradeship thing as you laugh about misprints in proofs and wish the boat to sail faster. #friendsforlife
yes thank you for this

A hearty Iowa welcome to you, neighbor! What part of Illinois?

Welcome to PCF

Price is definitely a factor (.60 per is probably the limit) so I believe I’ve narrowed it down some great options: Apache majestics, royals, possibly ceramics if the price is righ
Card Mold Ceramic is are within your range and so are China Clay (Royal / Majestic etc) If you can afford more, you can get customized Ceramic from BRPRO / Sunfly without the long waiting time of Card Mold Ceramic

I will advise on getting Ceramic over China Clay as most of my friends like Ceramic the most some even like them over Paulson Clay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom