New member (1 Viewer)

stratus51

Pair
Reaction score
Greetings from rainy England!

I'm a member of another chip forum and after being away for quite a few years came back to it to hear talk of a split and, well, more people on another forum. I'm guessing i've found the right place?

I had come back to post a listing to sell some PNY chips but i'll have to wait a little to do that here it seems. soooo i have a great excuse to look around and chat abit first.

Andy.

I read that thread and asked why he was no longer a member. And ironically i do have 200 PNY chips i'll looking to sell but i am not him. go to chiptalk you'll see i have the same name there since 2008.

Also i'm from Birmingham he was from Yorkshire, and lets be honest if he was going to use a proxy it wouldn't be one from the UK.

John Boy?

My exact thoughts, lol

England, PNYs, multiple accounts, new member...

If legitimate, certainly not a great time to be a new member from England trying to sell PNY's, lol

I read that thread and asked why he was no longer a member. And ironically i do have 200 PNY chips i'll looking to sell but i am not him. go to chiptalk you'll see i have the same name there since 2008.

Also i'm from Birmingham he was from Yorkshire, and lets be honest if he was going to use a proxy it wouldn't be one from the UK.

Was a joke. You obv have a iq higher than 5 which John Boy didn't.

Welcome to PCF

My exact thoughts, lol

England, PNYs, multiple accounts, new member...

If legitimate, certainly not a great time to be a new member from England trying to sell PNY's, lol
Seems I can't catch a break. Several comments on an unrelated thread I started whereby people are suggesting I'm this john boy. I can't prove I'm not someone that you likely know very little about. That would be fighting a losing battle. Thanks to those who reserved judgement. I hope the next Brit that joins doesn't get treated the same way. Looks like this john boy has left a legacy. Such a shame! Nice meeting you. Back to chip talk I go!

Staff - give it a few days then nuke my account if you wish.

Last edited:
Seems I can't catch a break. Several comments on an unrelated thread I started whereby people are suggesting I'm this john boy. I can't prove I'm not someone that you likely know very little about. That would be fighting a losing battle. Thanks to those who reserved judgement. I hope the next Brit that joins doesn't get treated the same way. Looks like this john boy has left a legacy. Such a shame! Nice meeting you. Back to chip talk I go!

Staff - give it a few days then nuke my account if you wish.

Welcome, John Boy set-back the UK Contingent pretty badly, he was quite the character

Regards to going over to ChipTalk, most forum users expand upon both sites, so you may see similar skepticism over there.

It'll all blow over in a week or so, once that maniac stops creating new accounts, so stay, check out the chips, open your wallet and let the chipping begin

Stratus51 if you are truly genuine it will show in due time. I guess the community tries to protect since we see so many chip flippers and price gougers and all we are trying to do is collect, play poker and help others The people on this forum are great and very helpful. Hang in there and welcome to the forum!

The fact I've not been insta-banned I'd assumed the admins had already done that too. But it was disheartening to see posts from the judge,jury,executioner types on here. As in I couldn't create a friendly thread without issue

The fact I've not been insta-banned I'd assumed the admins had already done that too. But it was disheartening to see posts from the judge,jury,executioner types on here. As in I couldn't create a friendly thread without issue

It's a reflection of how much of a mess John Boy caused and how negative his interactions were. They've all been deleted at this point. The community here is typically overwhelmingly welcoming.

....But it was disheartening to see posts from the judge,jury,executioner types on here. As in I couldn't create a friendly thread without issue

As that famous philosopher Andre Agassi [repeatedly] said, "Timing is everything."

Imagine being a person of Japanese extraction living in Pearl Harbor on December 8, 1942.

don't take it personally. people were not without justification. this nonsense with john boy literally just happened and we don't typically have a ton of new UK accounts opening every day. just carry on doing your thing and it will all shake out eventually if it's all on the up and up.

don't take it personally. people were not without justification. this nonsense with john boy literally just happened and we don't typically have a ton of new UK accounts opening every day. just carry on doing your thing and it will all shake out eventually if it's all on the up and up.

I'm coming around... but the UK origin wasn't the only coincidence. To be honest, I was highly skeptical, and here's why.. I am telling you this, just so you see why you might have not gotten the warmest welcome (for that I'm sorry). This is a great community.

You posted in an older johnboy clone account's thread, (this was one of your FIRST posts) and it was to inquire about why this John boy was "no longer with us", not, "hi" or "hey, I'm new"... And personally, to me, that screamed weird.. Your first inclination to post was a question about a members banner status? That was atypical of normal behavior a new member wouldn't care about or notice someone's banner status (not enough to make it their initial post). Then your second post was to say, "Hey, I'm from the UK and I have PNY's"...

At first, in my mind, it was highly plausible that John Boy had created you (just like he'd created numerous other profiles), then come on to comment on why his John Boy account's status showed "no longer with us".

As stated, the timing was horrible, as people had been getting sucked in by John Boy's numerous new fake accounts. Your account just seemed like the latest version (even talking about PNY's).

I am sure this will blow over, and I look forward everyone getting over this.

Chip on!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom