New Member (1 Viewer)

Silv3rDawg23

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the poker chip scene, but have enjoyed playing/watching/learning poker since ~2004. I have been developing a micro-cash game [$20 buy in at 25/50 cents for blinds] (pre-corona) that usually meets once a month and would like to improve the overall experience (new table, new chips, etc).

I have been lurking in the classifieds for a little while and decided that it was time to stop lurking and get some much needed advice directly.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to learn from the best!

Welcome! You just missed a great sale but do keep a look out for any new ones!

Any ideas what you want to get?

Hey and welcome!
Step 1) Learn from these brilliant-minded chippers
Step 2) Get samples of all the various kinds of chips out there
Step 3) Follow @TheChipRoom and look for sales regularly
Step 4) Make more money because you spent all of yours on chips
Step 5) Repeat

Welcome - and first thing to help your micro stakes game ........ $20 buy in with .25/.50? Normally games play better when the standard buy in is 100BB. If your group is happy at $20 consider playing .10/.20. My .25/.50 game, the standard buy in is $50.

Welcome! You just missed a great sale but do keep a look out for any new ones!

Any ideas what you want to get?

I am not 100% sure yet. Initially I was looking a mid-tier China Clay (i.e. Majestic). After some more digging I find myself looking at CPC's Atlantic hot stamps and Apache's used Paulson's from Cincinnati Horseshoe.

Welcome - and first thing to help your micro stakes game ........ $20 buy in with .25/.50? Normally games play better when the standard buy in is 100BB. If your group is happy at $20 consider playing .10/.20. My .25/.50 game, the standard buy in is $50.

Thanks for the advice, I will take that to my group and see what they think! Often times people buy-in multiple times throughout the night. So really our $20 initial is more like $40-60.

Thanks for the advice, I will take that to my group and see what they think! Often times people buy-in multiple times throughout the night. So really our $20 initial is more like $40-60.
Lowering your blinds should not change how many times people buy in. All it does is open up play. A stack at 100BB doesn't mind seeing flops with suited connectors. Smaller stacks (in terms of number of blinds) tend to only look for scenarios where they can shove.

Lowering your blinds should not change how many times people buy in. All it does is open up play. A stack at 100BB doesn't mind seeing flops with suited connectors. Smaller stacks (in terms of number of blinds) tend to only look for scenarios where they can shove.

Yeah, I can see that behavior/tendency based on the games we have played. Well said!

Welcome!

FWIW, my group plays 5¢/10¢ games, with buy-ins from $5 to $20. Most buy in for $15 or $20, about half the group rebuys in a normal session. It almost plays like a .25/.25 game, nickels are basically only used preflop. There's plenty of playability in hands this way, and it's a comfortable amount of risk for my group.

Welcome! Good luck to you on your journey, hopefully post corona we can see some pr0n of your game as it grows!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom