New Member... Table Finished! (1 Viewer)

BmoreTerp

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Finally finished my first full table build. Re-purposed double pedestal from an old dining room table, 1/4” HD foam, burgundy SSC, 1” 65lb rail padding, and whisper vinyl.

42” x 84” with a 3/4” raised 5.5" rail. After reading many threads here, and my own internal debate, went the no cup holder route. Thanks for all of your advice whether you realize you gave it or not, I tend to read a lot more than I post. Definitely a learning experience!

EDKwwok.jpg

sPB2Sff.jpg

Looks awesome!! Welcome to the crew. Post pics with some chips on it when you can!

Welcome, table looks great, need more pics!

How’s the 3/4” rail? Thinking of building one. Did you just stain/paint the edge of the ply?

This table looks great. I have been working on refinishing an oak table to a gray stain. I may have to tell the ol lady that the project needs to wait and the base and chairs can go to a better use :LOL: :laugh::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

One of my favorite color combo, very nice! The rail looks good, nice and smooth. (y) :thumbsup:

I
Welcome, table looks great, need more pics!

How’s the 3/4” rail? Thinking of building one. Did you just stain/paint the edge of the ply?

So far I like the raised rail. Only gripe I would have is no compatibility with slide under cup holders. But it is comfortable!

Edges are painted with regular interior paint and a few coats of polycrylic.

Looks fantastic - Not too late to slap some trim on that raised rail - you won't be disappointed.

How do you like the raised rail? Thinking of going that route with my next build.

Just an extra sheet of plywood cut to the same size as the rail and sandwiched between the rail and playing surface.

Next project: drink carts with the leftover supplies. And those cup holders I didn’t want to deal with in the rail.

Ooooft. Very nice table sir, and the chips. Clean, classic, very much the style I like.

Welcome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom