New Member... Table Finished!

BmoreTerp

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Finally finished my first full table build. Re-purposed double pedestal from an old dining room table, 1/4” HD foam, burgundy SSC, 1” 65lb rail padding, and whisper vinyl.

42” x 84” with a 3/4” raised 5.5" rail. After reading many threads here, and my own internal debate, went the no cup holder route. Thanks for all of your advice whether you realize you gave it or not, I tend to read a lot more than I post. Definitely a learning experience!

Ethan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome!! Welcome to the crew. Post pics with some chips on it when you can!

kmccormick100

Full House
Reaction score
Welcome, table looks great, need more pics!

How’s the 3/4” rail? Thinking of building one. Did you just stain/paint the edge of the ply?

Chile85

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
This table looks great. I have been working on refinishing an oak table to a gray stain. I may have to tell the ol lady that the project needs to wait and the base and chairs can go to a better use :LOL: :laugh::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

guyfleegman

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn skippy! Nicely done.
Fellow Marylander here welcoming you to the fold.
Now show us some chips!!
Cheers,
Joe

Irish

Flush
Reaction score
One of my favorite color combo, very nice! The rail looks good, nice and smooth. (y) :thumbsup:

Alex Lundstrum

Two Pair
Reaction score
Very nice table. +1 for using old dining room table, cheap building material and much cheaper pedestals vs. buying them from a poker table source.

BmoreTerp

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I
Welcome, table looks great, need more pics!

How’s the 3/4” rail? Thinking of building one. Did you just stain/paint the edge of the ply?

So far I like the raised rail. Only gripe I would have is no compatibility with slide under cup holders. But it is comfortable!

Edges are painted with regular interior paint and a few coats of polycrylic.

timinater

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Looks fantastic - Not too late to slap some trim on that raised rail - you won't be disappointed.

How do you like the raised rail? Thinking of going that route with my next build.
Just an extra sheet of plywood cut to the same size as the rail and sandwiched between the rail and playing surface.

BmoreTerp

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Next project: drink carts with the leftover supplies. And those cup holders I didn’t want to deal with in the rail.

hod

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Ooooft. Very nice table sir, and the chips. Clean, classic, very much the style I like.

Welcome!

Top Bottom