New Member, Old Chipper looking for something decent for my Kid (1 Viewer)

lol...
I hope you guys are enjoying those. I knew even before selling them that I would have a little regret selling them as that is truly 1 of a kind set & hey they are Paulsons. I agree that they are one of the best looking Paulson sets I have seen. I do really like old school and these fit the bill. Another set that is right up there is the Condado Beach Paulsons. At one point I had several hundred of those too, but I was never able to find any $1's so I sort of gave up on them. I sold the last of them (except 2 or 3 of each of course) to your friend as well. Here is a little chip pron of those:

I believe he still has those as well

Wow this thread got exciting in a hurry lol. Welcome to PCF! I was in and out in the CT days, but I was a broke kid then so never really participated. That President Biloxi set is wow!

Good luck finding a set for your kid!

i am pretty sure you were involved in my original TR King (inlaid) King's Crown group buy from 2+2? or maybe the hotstamp one after that? hard to remember 15+ years later.

i can't believe you own some of the stamps. i would absolutely love to get my hands on one for posterity if you ever want to part with one.
I was somewhat active on 2+2 and I do believe that is where I found CT, but I was not involved in the inlaid Kings Crown group buy. Do you have a pic of that one? or the hotstamp one? I would like to see pics of either or both

As for the dies: I just looked and I only can find the one. I thought I had 2, but either I remembered wrong or I have misplaced the other so I am going to hang on to it just because...

I was somewhat active on 2+2 and I do believe that is where I found CT, but I was not involved in the inlaid Kings Crown group buy. Do you have a pic of that one? or the hotstamp one? I would like to see pics of either or both

As for the dies: I just looked and I only can find the one. I thought I had 2, but either I remembered wrong or I have misplaced the other so I am going to hang on to it just because...

My mistake. These were the two group buys I was involved in. I unfortunately do not have any good pics from the second (hotstamp) group buy, just this small one I found on Google (which was mine originally). The first pic is not mine.

1608142578697.png

1608142778694.png

My mistake. These were the two group buys I was involved in. I unfortunately do not have any good pics from the second (hotstamp) group buy, just this small one I found on Google (which was mine originally). The first pic is not mine.
Oh yea, forgot about that inlay one. I never got into that one. Sure wish I did now....
Pretty sure the other one with the hot stamps is the same one I organized. Dennis was pretty generous with letting us do a lot of different combinations of colors and edge spots etc with fairly low minimums (something like a rack each)

Oh yea, forgot about that inlay one. I never got into that one. Sure wish I did now....
Pretty sure the other one with the hot stamps is the same one I organized. Dennis was pretty generous with letting us do a lot of different combinations of colors and edge spots etc with fairly low minimums (something like a rack each)

I thought that hotstamp one was organized on 2p2 as well - it was a smaller group than the inlay one - because I don't think I was ever on Chiptalk. But who knows, my memory is fuzzy lol, I just know I dealt with Dennis a lot for a brief span there.

I thought that hotstamp one was organized on 2p2 as well - it was a smaller group than the inlay one - because I don't think I was ever on Chiptalk. But who knows, my memory is fuzzy lol, I just know I dealt with Dennis a lot for a brief span there.
not unless there was another hotstamp one besides the one that I showed pics of earlier in this thread. Anyway, fun times...

Hotstamp buy was Spring/Summer of ‘06 on the blue wall. I want to say the order deadline was in June, and seem to recall August delivery. They may have been Dennis’ final orders.

Hi @Nanook
Welcome back :). Pretty sure I remember this nickname from CT.

You may remember Apache, he's a vendor here as well. He has many inexpensive options if you have not found anything yet. Thee are a few threads on his 18c/chip Showdown/Monaco/Poker Knights.

I've helped my friends buy similar chips in the same price range and they're happy.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/apache-poker-chips.39/

I know you guys might say get samples or what ever, but I know there won't be time for that and besides I have samples from like 50 different places from way back when.

I will say that short of getting samples, watching a bunch of @Hobbyphilic videos on his channel is a good second choice. (Stick-tap to @Darson for linking a couple already.)

the low-end clay smith chips aren’t bad for what they cost.

I have played with Desert heat and I thought they stacked more than "good enough" for their purpose. I have also played with the scrolls ceramics. And other than my usual concerns about stock chips, I thought they were plenty good to serve their purpose.

Welcome Back @Nanook your sets are amazing!

If it weren’t for the Xmas deadline, I would suggest asking around for some off-mold vintage chips, like diamondsquare L mold, basically any vintage mold that’s not Paulson or King, has some pretty great deals to be found, around the top of your budget...

Or every once in a while we see some CT favorites pop back up... Faux Clays :)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/384-faux-clays-50-shipping.46132/

Maybe I'll post elsewhere here too, but since I know everyone likes pics of beautiful chips here is the last set I sold just a month or so ago. Strange story....
This guy (he is probably a member here) writes me a letter saying he remembers me from the old days on ChipTalk. I think he may have been part of the group buy or he had bought chips from me way back when or idk, but in any case he had my name and found my address. He says he remembered some pictures of this set and he wondered if I still had it and was inquiring if I might sell. I actually never opened the letter for probably 6 months. I had somehow put the letter into a pile that didn't get opened and it got put aside. I was "cleaning house" and found the letter. Long story short he was still interested and I sold him the set. I wasn't really looking to sell, but I have too many chips and just haven't been into it as much as I used to be and I thought it was a good opportunity to get rid of a few chips.

I probably should have come on here and tried to move them, but what ever... I think we both got a fair deal
This set was picked up off the beaches in Mississippi after hurricane Catrina:

Just here to say that those President Biloxi’s are incredible and I hope that it was @RocAFella1 writing you to scoop them up!

Thank you for rejoining the community!

Maybe I'll post elsewhere here too, but since I know everyone likes pics of beautiful chips here is the last set I sold just a month or so ago. Strange story....
This guy (he is probably a member here) writes me a letter saying he remembers me from the old days on ChipTalk. I think he may have been part of the group buy or he had bought chips from me way back when or idk, but in any case he had my name and found my address. He says he remembered some pictures of this set and he wondered if I still had it and was inquiring if I might sell. I actually never opened the letter for probably 6 months. I had somehow put the letter into a pile that didn't get opened and it got put aside. I was "cleaning house" and found the letter. Long story short he was still interested and I sold him the set. I wasn't really looking to sell, but I have too many chips and just haven't been into it as much as I used to be and I thought it was a good opportunity to get rid of a few chips.

I probably should have come on here and tried to move them, but what ever... I think we both got a fair deal
This set was picked up off the beaches in Mississippi after hurricane Catrina:

...and his inbox explodes with circling vultures!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom