New Member loving the community (2 Viewers)

TheMatador

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been lurking for some time now after having picked up a Barrington table to re-start my regular game at a place that won’t wake up my kids while we play.
Found the great Barrington mods post and went down the rabbit hole from there.
I’ve been playing with a set of Inplay chips for about ten years and shocked at how much they’re admired here. I love them, too - just didn’t realize they had the following they do.
Anyway, glad to be contributing to the community now instead of just reading what everyone else has to say.

Welcome @TheMatador ! High end BCCs where a long kept secret in the hobby. Many people just ruled them out as junk over several QC issues they have in their lower/entry level series. But when they did it right... they really made some of the best poker chips ever made. Your Inplays on the C&S Mold definitely fall into that category! I have had the chance to play Inplay chips a couple of times now on my brother @Lil Tuna large hoard of those beauties!

I guess good luck in the hobby... I'm not sure how you are going to beat what you already own if looking for additional chips? I mean that jokingly, lots of different types of chips here to try out, I am more about a rotation of different chips than playing the same set over and over. @FordPickup92 and I are definitely on team BCC but also love lots of other poker chip manufacturers as well!

Our BCC crown jewel are the Mardi Gras V2 oversized paper inlays
20201103_163309.jpg

Also own GCR weighted solid tourney BCCs
20220101_124214.jpg

and FOC micro cash BCCs.
20220303_211448.jpg

Not claiming they are Better than say Leaded Paulson THCs or Scrown TRKs... just different and really adds a nice element to a full bodied rotation of chips.

We love pictures around here and would love to see your Inplays. Sounds like they have had quite a bit of use over the years? Would love to see how they are holding up. How many games would you say they have seen so far? Covers starting to round off a bit? Around here we call that getting "buttery" lots of folks love new minty chips but most of the time they don't shuffle very well... I definitely prefer broke in chips over minty myself.

We also have a Barrington and it is a tropper,we travel all over with that table, perfect to throw in the truck and go. Far from a high end table but 100 times better than a roll out topper on an old dinning room table!
20210103_002604.jpg

There's a shot of ours in action with our custom CPC Scrown tourney set.

Again welcome to the forum, and good luck on your chipping journey. Looking forward to hearing what's next?

Fellow Chipper Ben

Wow, what a welcome, Ben! My inplays have seen quite a lot of action. I started a business about 5 years ago and we my partner and our first few employees played almost daily for a few years. No stakes/made up games but still they got use. They feel fantastic now.

I’ll get some pictures up this week with that set.

I’ve built a couple of tables and needed the Barrington for a travel table as we are starting up a regular game again, and need someplace other than home with the wife and kids to make sure they get some sleep. I’ve missed it out according to most of the standard guidance on this forum and pretty happy with the result so far.

Along with a travel table, I wanted to get a travel set of chips and that’s one of the things I’ve been lurking here for. Can’t have too many chips, right?

Welcome to the site! Got any pictures of your set up? I just got my hands on some of the Inplay chips recently and love them! So close to completing the set so I’m a fan of your tastes in chips.

44A4AF54-3517-4190-A999-DC3BFB04DBC6.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom