New Member Looking for advice! (2 Viewers)

Tiltedquads

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello pcf!

After stalking the forums for a few weeks I am ready to dive in and finally made an account! I usually host or play 4-5 times a month! I want to upgrade our poker experience in every way possible and I am sure there are decades of knowledge floating around here! Looking for advice on tables vs mats, organizing tournaments, misc hosting and of course what is the best course of action for getting the dice chips I own relegated to the back of my closet!

Right now I am tempted to hop on the next group buy where the Flamingo set is available but also like the idea of a custom set where all denominations have non-symmetrical pips like the $1 Flamingo set. Another obvious thing that I can't get over is that is it worth it to wait for ~6 months for group buy when I could get a set from apache that would ship this week!

Also as a note we always play $20 buy in games but we change our blinds from 0.05/0.10 to 0.10/0.20 as we haven't found the perfect blind size. My favorite so far is 0.10/0.10 since it gets rid of 0.05 chips but isn't too big :)

Another obvious thing that I can't get over is that is it worth it to wait for ~6 months for group buy when I could get a set from apache that would ship this week!
If you get into one of the monthly card mold GBs it’s not 6 months but closer to just over 2 months as of late. See July GB

Don’t rush when you ultimately know you would rather have something else. The few extra weeks wait would be worth it.

Depending on your budget, In addition to stock ceramics from Apache, etc., - there are also stock CPC options that are immediately available (rounders, key west, etc).

Something to maybe consider, if your budget allows.

Welcome, you haven’t mentioned budget; I think it’s reasonable to assume a range from your buy in, check out some of the custom mats and then look into a Barrington table that you change out the felt to the mats

If you get into one of the monthly card mold GBs it’s not 6 months but closer to just over 2 months as of late. See July GB

Don’t rush when you ultimately know you would rather have something else. The few extra weeks wait would be worth it.
That is great news! I think that this changes the equation so much!

Hello pcf!

After stalking the forums for a few weeks I am ready to dive in and finally made an account! I usually host or play 4-5 times a month! I want to upgrade our poker experience in every way possible and I am sure there are decades of knowledge floating around here! Looking for advice on tables vs mats, organizing tournaments, misc hosting and of course what is the best course of action for getting the dice chips I own relegated to the back of my closet!
Welcome! If you sell all those exclamation points, you can use the money to by a brand new set of custom clays!!!

Depending on your budget, In addition to stock ceramics from Apache, etc., - there are also stock CPC options that are immediately available (rounders, key west, etc).

Something to maybe consider, if your budget allows.
The cpc chips look so nice! I remember watching that adam savage video from a few years back where he build a case for his chips and thinking damn I want a poker set up like that one day! Unfortunately it's not the one day yet

Welcome! If you sell all those exclamation points, you can use the money to by a brand new set of custom clays!!!
You're sounding like the hr lady at work :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome, you haven’t mentioned budget; I think it’s reasonable to assume a range from your buy in, check out some of the custom mats and then look into a Barrington table that you change out the felt to the mats
Thanks for the advice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom